Welcome Cessa and all who have been thrown out of Bethel!

by yesidid 20 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I can't believe how fast things are moving.

Cessa welcome to JWN. I'm so sorry you have lost your home

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Seriously, what is going on at Bethel, etc? Why are they getting rid of all these people? They don't pay them anything. So what costs are they reducing? Is the cult really losing that many members that they don't have any work for the Bethel worers?

• asilentone
    asilentone

scared for life, they are probably cleaning up the organization, that is what they probably think.

• yesidid
    yesidid

BoneFide,

This is the thread where the lay-offs are discussed and Cessa posted.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/175939/1/Watchtower-is-kicking-people-out-again-in-the-name-of-LOVE

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Cleaning up the organization? What does that mean exactly?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I worked in Bethel from 96-05 in Wallkill and Brookyn in the IT Department. So yeah, welcome to Hotel California.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wanted to send out a heartfelt welcome to everyone who's been sent packing. As a former Bethelite who was also forced to leave, I know what it feels like to have what may have been your life's dream completely crushed.

Note that there are a few posters around here who feel the need to express anger toward anyone who they think is part of the problem. It doesn't matter if you were in the laundry, or a waiter in the dining room, the fact that you are a Bethelite is enough for their sirens to go off.

What you'll find on your way out is that the WTS has left a lot of wreckage among the lives of thousands and thousands of people around the world. Some people have had their families destroyed over the Society's pharisaical practices. Others have spent nearly their entire lives working "for Jehovah," only to realize the true nature of the Watchtower Society now that they have nothing.

It's important, however, to not don an air of victimization, as others have. The organization used you, but it didn't use you up.

Again, welcome to the OTHER side. You're in the real world now! ... And that's a good thing!

-dp

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome Cessa!

hope4others

• yknot
    yknot

I think you will enjoy the atmosphere immensely!!!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum. It's so refreshing just to be able to say what you think here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit