Name Things You Can Do Now That You Couldn't As A Witness

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

ANYTHING I WANT!

(within reason)

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

1. Discuss and write about politics, which I LOVE.

2. Express myself verbally and sexually...in other words I swear and quite hedonistic about sex now without guilt

3. Wear what I like

4. Write fiction with a few romantic and violent/actionscenes...you know, like real life? I write stories about the samurai and Japanese myths and culture, a love of mine, among other things.

5. Not feel odd when people wish me a Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday whatever...I just say it back.

6. Examine and attend any religion or philosophy I'm interested in. I studied astrology just because I was always curious about it.

7. Talk to ANYONE! I don't think of other people as "worldly" anymore...thought I'd never get over that!

8. Sing and perform in public....Anything I want to sing! Not being allowed to sing programs and solos in the school choir was traumatic for me as a teenager, because many of the programs were holiday oriented. I had to take a failing grade in something I loved. I'm a trained mezzo soprano now! Singing makes me HAPPY!

9. Read and watch what entertainment I like.

10. Not look at my lovely step children, children and granchild and feel like they're doomed because they're not JWs. Best thing of all. *G*

11. Get more education. I went to night school and took some education and child psychology courses and I'd like to do more.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Get a belly ring....which I did a few weeks ago while in the UK....For my birthday!

hope4others

• boyzone
    boyzone

I can say "happy belated birthday Hope!" Without feeling guilty.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I have much more time!and life seems so much simpler, even though I am very active.

I can now study for a teaching degree( just finising 1st year)

I can now take up training opportunities at work( just completed a course)

I can sleep in on Saturdays and am enjoying many enjoyable hobbies; including, becoming a scout leader and my son a scout.

I enjoy wonderful birthday, christmas, newyear and easter celebrations. I felt the joy of watching my son open his presents and cards for his 13th birthday. I am looking forwards to going to my dads 80th birthday party.

I can be myself and speak from the heart.

I have more friends at work. I am catching up on all the films I've missed.( Before I only watched 12 certificates and less.)

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I don't shave on weekends anymore. Thats about all I ever wanted.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

**I can now post on apostate boards without thinking about what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger thinks.

**I have holiday lights up and enjoy them. Also, I can enjoy Christmas music instead of having to drown it out, and say "Merry Christmas" when the time comes instead of killing anything with a Bah! Humbug!.

**No more worrying about missing the boasting sessions or a month of field circus. If I choose to post here while everyone else is at the Grand Boasting Session (with their headaches), so be it.

**MUSIC! I can enjoy the "bad" songs without being afraid of them. I don't have to worry about whether I (or someone else) will find a problem with a song that I have been listening to, without incident, for 10 years or more. No more research on the artists' lives to see if they are 100% clean, and having to throw away music because someone worships the Devil, takes drugs, is gay, or was once one of Jehovah's Witlesses. Even if there is swearing, I still listen to it.

**I no longer have to worry about stumbling others. If I do something they don't like, tough--it's not like they reap for what I sow.

• minimus
    minimus

In my workplace, I put up a sign for a Red Cross blood drive.

• minimus
    minimus

I haven't shaved since last Saturday.

• screwproof
    screwproof

MOUTHY!!! You watch the Y/R tell me what Cane is up to. I just started watching it again not to long ago and saw a flash back and now I have no idea what he is really doing. IS he really not Jills son?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit