Should Michael Vick Return to the NFL?

by leavingwt 80 Replies latest social current

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Michael Vick is out of prison.

Do you think he should return to the NFL?

A local DJ said that Vick should return...covered in BBQ sauce and playing against a team of hungry dobermans.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm all for giving 2nd chances, but in this case, I think he's done too much harm and will only give the NFL a blacker eye, not to mention what ever team he lands up on (prolly Raiders or Cowboys and since I'm a Cowboys fan I don't want him on my team).

I don't think he really was all that as a QB anyway. Yea, he was quick and could get out of trouble and hurt you with his running ability, but he didn't have that true "field general" presence needed by the leader of the offense.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Why is it almost expected that NFL players are prone to violence? Is it a product of their backgrounds, their testosterone-fueled activity, or part of the culture of the sport? I believe that society gives double standards to young people when it comes to what an athlete is supposed to be. On one hand, you have an almost universal acceptance that they use drugs to enhance performance and an expectancy that they are more violent than normal people, and on the other hand you have someone like Michael Phelps vilified for smoking pot.

But anyway, if Vick is allowed back into the NFL, it will send the message that even if you're a very bad person, you can be accepted by society if you're an athlete. The idea that Vick would have "learned his lesson" is comical. A person who finds pleasure in torturing and killing animals has deep-seated issues that won't be addressed by fines, imprisonment, and then acceptance. He's going through the motions, just as society is going through the motions in making him an example of superficial "disciplinary action."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

He should not even be allowed to live in this country! But since they are allowing that - NO FOOTBALL FOR THE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Like undercover, I am for a second chance. I think Vick has paid a debt to society in a way that demostrates remorse.

Scott77

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Just the mention of his name makes me sick. He is a cruel person. Of course he is sorry for what he did-sorry that he got caught! Had he not got caught, I would guarantee that he would still be having the Dog fights. Any business that endorses him will be a business that I have nothing to do with. No, he should not be allowed back in the NFL. Sports legends are looked upon by many to be "National Heroes" and there was nothing heroic about what he did. Saying his name makes me want to spit. I Fart in his general direction.

Seeing the physical and emotional scars on those Dogs is very depressing. Thankfully, there are those who are taking the time to show the Dogs Love and who are helping them so that they can live fulfilling and happy lives.

Actually, at midnight-(central time) there will be a repeat on the National Geographic channel that has a story about how the Dogs are being rehabilitated if anyone would like to see.

Karma won't come quick enough for him.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

no. He should go to Hell.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, he should, I am sure there will be someone very mean on the other team that will hurt him very badly on the field probably in his first game!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sports needs to clean up its act. The drug thing is really hurting baseball, and there seems to be an endless parade of football players in trouble with the law. No, he should not play again. We need to put up some better role models for our kids.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

From Australia can I just say that this scumbag deserves to be on welfare the rest of his life....saw he had to sell his house ha ha....eat Sh#t and die you scum. I hope he lives to know suffering....cruelty to dogs in your care is unforgivable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit