Spanish JW's Upset Over Bethel Move

by Gary1914 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

U.S. Supreme Court

SWAGGART MINISTRIES V. CAL. BD. OF EQUALIZATION, 493 U.S. 378 (1990)

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=493&invol=378

Scott---THANKS for the link and the truth behind what the WTS called a "loving Provision of Jehovah" that turned out to be their PHONY DONATION ARRAGEMENT.

Sorry for the tiny print but I cannot get a bigger font to "do it's thang" for some reason.

Hugs,

Annie

• moshe
    moshe

As President Bush said, " There's an old saying in Tennessee-- , Fool me once, shame on, shame on you, uh,uh, you can be fooled again"

I guess our former president never knew a Jehovah's Witness!

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

@donuthole

I haven't seen anything in the newspapers that i read, nor online.

There were challenges to the ruling, however I believe that the ruling ultimately came from from the EU, which means that there is a chance that we could hear a lot more about this from other countries.

However Spain has a highly effecient social system - on the basis that you pay IN to it. For instance, if you lose you job, you get 80% of your wages for a maximum of two years based on the fact that you have paid you social secuirty for 180 out of the last 360 days.

I just feel for all the brothers being put out to pasture, based on the fact that they will not get unemployment or social benefit as they have not paid into the state fund

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

A queston,

Are the Society violating the rules of the Charity Commision when they sell the printing presses and establishment and then put the sale proceeds into the kitty at Bethel

Below is a link to a website re: RESTRICTED FUNDS TO CHARITIES AND WHAT THE DONATIONS CAN BE USED FOR.

PLEASE SEE THIS WEBSITE http://www.fit4funding.org.uk/help_and_advice/spending/restricted_funding/

Restricted Fund Accounting - WYCAS

Introduction

The key point about fund accounting is that funds given for a specific purpose must be used only for that purpose, so the accounting records and the annual accounts must distinguish between the different types of funds according to the terms under which they were given (note that the term funds is used throughout to refer not only to money but to property and assets of any sort given to an organisation).

KT

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

More information re: RESTRICTED FUNDS to a charity

a) Restricted Income Funds
    These are funds, which are subject to special trusts specified by the donor (for example by a letter from the donor at the time of the donation or by the terms of a public appeal). They can only be used for the purposes for which they are given, and if they are used for any other purpose it may be viewed as fraud or deception.

INTERESTING THOUGHT

KT

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Watchtower Society would be so worried about paying out pension benefits when the End is so near. Could it be they don't really believe the End is so near after all?

• Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

Remember the love of the greater number would cool off? Do we have a problem with the Corban issue again? Are we robbing Peter to pay Paul? Are we neglecting to look after widows and orphans? Did not the Pharisees intentionally seek loopholes in the Law Covenant? Did we not think Judas Iscariot was a thief for mishandling theocratic funds? Isn't it interesting that for so many years Watchtower railed against false religion for their "snare and a raquet" tactics, and yet now find themselves in the same activity? Oh I'm sorry, we're not supposed to question their motives.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ blueeyes - lol, great post.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I presume you meant racket unless you are talking about another activity that's a load of old balls. ;)

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

FYI - I will be at bethel for dinner on Saturday night (english assembly in Madrid), a friend of mine is there, and being "put out to the field". I will see what i can find out.

Any specific questions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit