How to help an active jw to go out??

by Nicolas 13 Replies latest jw friends

• anewperson
    anewperson

Dear Lee, your problem is like that of Ros. Always waiting for the perfect time. That PERFECT time never comes and so nothing gets done except for a while after which there is virtually nothing but dead silence from you.

I say don't plant a shall I act or shall I wait question mark in his mind. Leaving the WTS ANYTIME IS A GOOD TIME! Do it, friend, do it. Help her out of it NOW!!

• avengers
    avengers

Hard work, research, patience and perseverance. That's what it will take. Keep working on it. I will!!!!

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • Erich
    Erich

jayhawk1 wrote:

.. about armageddon is the society has mentioned several dates. 1878, 1914, 1919, 1925, 1940's, 1975, etc. I have even heard of 2005 being a posibility....
    Oooh that's interesting.
    Where did you hear this from ?
  • Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Nick,

Print off the thread on the fake chimp and use it. It is really effective because it is so visual as well as incontrovertible. If she follows the line of reasoning, and it is not long, she must conclude that the WTS tells lies.

However, several things may happen:
    1. She will refuse even to look at something that might criticise the dark Tower. If this is so or is likely, don't do it.
    2. If she reads it, she will either:
    a) want to know more or
    b) become even more fanatical as her mind tries to close down the dissident thoughts.

By and large, what her likely reaction will be depends upon how dedicated she is at the moment. You are likely only to get once chance, so choose a time when she is already expressing some doubts as she is more likely to respond. So, it may be a waiting game.

Religion n.
    An organisation designed to promote atheism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit