On Being a Pagan...

by ziddina 59 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---I have another friend whose family is in America because they refused to give up the old religion, and she says they got run out. LOL They weren't gonna put up with that witchcraft!

I don't know all the details, but her family from long generations simply would not accept Christianity. I guess they got away with it until a few generations ago, then they chose (forced? She's vague) to leave. Crazy. For her, there has never been any other way. Christianity is extremely foreign to her, as is any other middle eastern religion. It's funny to talk to her.

NC

• talesin
    talesin

Wow, that almost sounds like Albania. I had a friend who fled that mysoginistic country - literally! She still has the scar from the bullet wound where they shot her as she was fleeing across the border.

REALLY? That city has one of the largest Buddhist Institutes in the world .... craaazy!

I can just see the reaction here if the mayor tried to do that! Yuk, yuk, yuk!!! We are the centre for Shambala, with a prince and everything, along with an huge Muslim population, Hindu temples, etc etc etc...... good luck with that!

t

• talesin
    talesin

I'm off to meet the Sandman,,, good night, dear NC. I hope you get some good rest.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    NEW CHAPTER- I totally agree. I'm the same way around religious people. The arrogance in their attitude puts me off many times. I feel much more at ease around people who are real, not fake, or putting on airs. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

I am totally with Flipper's sentiments. At hard times in my life I have found real friendship without strings from pagans, when church people have proved self-seeking. I hate the rigidity of doctrine, and the arrogance it reveals.

Love the videos and music, haven't tried all yet. The persecution of witches is something I feel particularly strongly about. I am not pagan nor a witch but feel in tune with some of both approaches.

QueenWitch, I've sent you a PM.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, I love what you people have done with my thread!!!

Here's one of my favorite pagan music pieces....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nyxpGd2k6g

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Once I realized I'm one of the Other People, things became clearer:

http://www.paganlibrary.com/fundies/other_people.php

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! If that's what I think it is...

Brb...

Gotta read Queen Witch's link.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Yes, that's what I thought it was!!

Great addition to this thread, Queen Witch!!!

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

glad you like! a fellow pagan on my twitter feed posted it. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit