For those of you going to meetings, assemblies or conventions, try this.....

by awildflower 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Yeah, you probably just thought it was a normal thing for them to say during a JW baptism.

So glad you're "outside the box" now, snowbird! And you too, wildflower!

• still_in74
    still_in74

i text A@G during assemblies and he makes fun of me for being there! its great fun...

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Interesting. When I got baptized in 76, I believe they used the older version of the baptism question.I got baptized in Montana, so they may not have "caught up" with the changes.

I've noticed that in the small backwater congregations, things take longer to catch on. I first became acquainted with the Witnesses (or I should say my family did) in a small town in Wyoming in the early 70s.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I started noting at the meetings:

Guilt inducing language.

Fear inducing language.

How often Jesus was mentioned. There were talks where he was not talked about ONCE. Entire meetings where he was only mentioned in the "rub a dub dub" to close a prayer.

How do people claiming to be Christian, manage to avoid talking about him?

HB

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi awildflower,

Awesome post!

Yes, the Holy Spirit is THE channel that Jesus communicates with His people.

John 15:26 (New International Version)

26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

As you see, The Holy Spirit testifies about Jesus. No wonder there isn't much talk of Jesus. Neither the fruit of His Spirit manifest.

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

All the best,

Stephen

• awildflower
    awildflower

Amen Stephen!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

When you get bingo can you rip off your shirt scream 'bingo bingo bingo' at the top of your lungs and run up and down the isle?!

• awildflower
    awildflower

Absolutely!

• onefootout
    onefootout

I think you should jump up and yell "bullshit"

ofo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit