For those of you going to meetings, assemblies or conventions, try this.....

by awildflower 18 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

The last official 'meeting' I went to was in January at our two day assembly. Believe me I didn't want to go but I did and took a different kind of notes. For one I wrote down in my note book words like "Faithful and Discreet Slave", GB, Organization, Fruits of the Spirit, Jesus, and put a check mark next to each time I heard one of them, (just like when we were kids guys!). Then I wrote down every scripture used and put a mark next to it if it was just quoted and another mark if it was actually read. Here were some of my conclusions after the full two days:

They used the words that had to do with the org WAY more than Jesus himself. The ONLY time I heard the word Love, and I'm not kidding, the only time, was in a specific talk about loving our family or something like that, and I never heard ANY of the other fruits mentioned at all. The scriptures we used were about the same 50 we always use, only about 10 were ones I was not very familiar with. They quoted and read about the same.

Now, granted, this was a themed program so it might not work as well, of course your going to hear certain things based on a certain theme. I can't quite remember the theme, I think it was about Conquering the Evil with the Good. I remember thinking after that weekend, that they spent so much time talking about Satan and all the evil, really keeping people in 'fear', and NOTHING except one talk on the Good. I walked away from there feeling so negative, and on a low energy frequency thinking "Satan must feel really good that they just spent the whole weekend talking about him", his plan is working even within this religion. It's like a naughty child, they don't care what kind of attention they get, as long as they get it. (Assuming you believe Satan is real).

So this did two things for me and could work for you guys: one, it absolutely sealed for me that I would never go back, and I haven't, and two, I looked like I was taking really good notes the whole weekend! But I would really love someone who is still going to regular meetings to take these kind of notes, since they are not themed like an assembly, and see what kind of results they get.

Oh ya, my 18 year old son who was with me, during the Baptism talk, actually for the first time heard the second question and I did to. We never even caught that until now. He spent most of the meeting reading context of scripture and our eyes just opened wider and wider, so I guess in a strange way, we have them to thank!

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Cool, I would like to do the same, but play a word BINGO game. Best played with a few people. When your "Faithfull and discreet slave" comes up, you cross it off your list. 1914, Field service, etc. All the words and terms that are bound to show up. When you get all of them on your list, you must jump up and cry "BINGO!!"

That should be a laugh.

Agent Smith

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hilarious!!!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Great thread, fantastic observations and thanks for confirming what some of thought would happen at this particular assembly. Really enjoyed this phrase;

" a low energy frequency"

Just about sums the feeling one leaves any WTS propaganda session with.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I know, that's what kills me! These people left that weekend on the look out for 'Satan' and did not leave knowing how to combat the evil with good works! Of course they said "more field service, meetings, Bible study etc....", their idea of good works, but we know how we 'felt' doing those things, not good. But what about, doing something from the heart for your neighbor, having some relaxing time in nature, taking some quiet time to yourself, exploring a talent you might have or some art, taking a trip, donating blood! Oh sorry, wishful thinking. But you know what I mean, if we focus on the positive and contribute to the collective consciousness of the planet in a good way, then THAT is how you combat evil! So this org continues to be a perfect tool for evil, all religion does. The more you can be out of alignment with the loving Universe, the more evil wins. But I think people are Awakening, I really do......

• lavendar
    lavendar
    Oh ya, my 18 year old son who was with me, during the Baptism talk, actually for the first time heard the second question and I did to. We never even caught that until now.

What was the "second question" during the baptism talk, wildflower? (I've never been a JW....so I don't know these things)

• awildflower
    awildflower

I can't quote it word for word but I know someone else on this board could post it, but it is to the effect that the candidate is recognizing that this org is Jehovah's channel for communicating to him. Most other churches just baptize you after you recognize that Jesus is your savior, this religion wants you to recognize that plus the emphasis on the org. So you are then tied to them and their rules for the rest of your life and when you don't want to be anymore, you get this board! The sad thing is, during the 'emotion' and the indoctrination process, you don't even hear those questions! So you don't realize what you are saying a loud yes to. That's why it's so important not to get baptized into this org!

Someone out there know how to post the two most recent baptism questions? It's changed I think three times through the years, and Ray talks about them but since I'm knew, I don't know how to put this stuff on there.

• snowbird
  • lavendar
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Nauseating, indeed.

I never noticed this until I stepped outside the box.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit