Why I'm Not a Dub

by Farkel 24 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

I have yet to see a clear case where the JW god has killed any of the people who try to harm JW's.

Gods don't kill people. People kill people.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I have yet to see a clear case where the JW god has killed any of the people who try to harm JW's.

Obviously, you missed the point. The point is that JWs BELIEVE their God will kill all of those not of their ilk. Some of that is based upon OT myths about God directly killing many enemies of Israel. It's a tragic way to live, methinks.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• mommy
    mommy

Fark,
    This is a keeper When I was having a "talk" with my Jw mom we were discussing the persecution that JW's have and how in Russia they were being beaten and killed to serve jehovah. Here is an excerpt:

"This shows us that Jw's are the true religion because the bible says that Jesus's disciples would be persecuted." braindead mom

"What about the missionaries in Afghan now who are imprisoned because of their religious beliefs? Do you think that is persecution?" me

"Well they weren't put in prison because they were christians! They were put in prison because they went out past their curfew." braindead mom

"Really, so I guess the fact that they had religious material on hand, had nothing to do with that?" me

"What do you mean?" mom

"They were found in a home in the city with religious material, and were arrested, facing death, now as we speak. How can you say they were not representing jesus, and being persecuted for that?" me

pause..."Well maybe they are being persecuted too. But there are alot more JW's stories of persecution than any other religion." mom

"Are you sure of that? You have been a JW for 30 years now, have you really looked at how many other religions are being or have been persecuted in the name of god?" me

pause..."Well we are the only ones who carry Jehovah's name!" braindead mom

"Are you sure of that? Do a search on any search engine and see how many church's use Jehovahs name" me

pause..."Well, they aren't really representing Jehovah, they just use his name." braindead mom

"Okay Mom, how do you know that your religion is really representing Jehovah?" me

"Well if you look at the list in the bible, the list that tells who his disciples are, the JW's have everything on that list, no other religion does." braindead mom

"Mom I challenge you to write out the list from the bible, and prove to me that the JW's are the only religion that has all of those qualities." me

"Okay, I will! Why would I spend my whole life if I didn't believe in something?"(sounded more questioning of herself than to me) mom

"I don't know mom I think you feel you are right, but just make out that list for me and allow me to compare it to other religions. Surely if you are right then you can do this." me

This was over a month and a half ago...still no list.
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• proplog2
    proplog2

Farkel:

I didn't miss your point. You missed my point. I should have said that I haven't seen the JW God do anything let alone kill anyone.

But what are Gods for anyhow? Aren't they supposed to kill your enemies? I could never understand why god would use the "shits" to stop people from attacking his people and still on other occasions expect the Israelites to fight. Giving the enemy intestinal discomfort should have been a permanent weapon in God's arsenal. At least nobody would have been killed.

• Farkel
    Farkel

proplog2,

: I didn't miss your point. You missed my point. I should have said that I haven't seen the JW God do anything let alone kill anyone.

Well, then, we basically made the same point! I said the JW God was a fantasy, and you said the JW God is at the very least on a long-term vacation! Same point, different ways of stating it.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit