Is there a GROWING AWARENESS among Jehovah's Witnesses that SOMETHING is REALLY WRONG with the Organization?

by BonaFide 22 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    folks we're almost in 2010 - surely the average Joe-publisher must wonder when the end is coming?

Heaven,

I've been going to JW funerals for more than 20 years. Every JW has eventually grown old and died.

I don't see how the present time is any different or more urgent. If anything, it's less urgent. The May 1, 2007 QFR completely removed any chronological quesswork from the WT End Times theology, in my opinion.

1. Generation = Some Anointed Alive at Armageddon

2. Door to Heaven Still Open (did not close in 1935)

3. New Anointed Ones Not Necessarily Replacements

4. Not all Anointed are "Genuine"

5. No reason that Armageddon is not decades away

-LWT

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Unless they are real old-timers, speakers can't say anything they want like they used to. There is just too much information out there"

Granted that speakers stick more to the outline, but that is discipline from the WTS..I have heard some say strange things, it is treated as a bit of a joke and nobody cares, or they believe that the Org must be right ..

As for the question? - No, they are not aware of any problems. They think that they are in a "spiritual paradise" and everything in the garden is lovely,

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

To directly answer that question, I'd have to say 'yes'. More and more you can feel some discomfort within the org. As soemone pointed out, the mere existence and support to sites like this one, the quality of the participants in the forum, in which ex or current insiders are more than a few; how elders and CO's drop personal views here and there, questioning current doctrine... yes, definetly things have changed.

That being said, I have to admit that is a slow growth. I will also go with the 95% figure Jeff gave, and would even be less optimistic. Why? Well maybe in U.S., Britain, Germnay, Spain, etc. there a considerable proportion of those who actually think and become critical of the org. But don't forget that a very big chunk of JW's are meddling in third world countries, with little access to internet and many sources of information. So the porportion of Kool-Aid drinkers there could be close to 99.99%, thus offsetting the porportion in more 'advanced' countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit