July 2009 Awake (Other Interesting Quote)

by Interested Observer 28 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
  • orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Isn't interesting how two person read the same WT and you both found something of benefit for all.

Thanks. I particularly find the point of making sure of the things that are written or spoken. One hand you can do research and on the other hand you mention you did research you could lose your whole family if you say just one wrong thing.

It is so corrupt the WTS doesn't see the forest for the trees it sees the strippings of the land to build another empire to destroy more of its people or get more of their money. To me both are evil.

Orangefatcat

It wouldn't bother me so much , it is the fact that they have lied and decieved so many people their lives, covered up terrible atrocities, it just sickens me to think that they think they are invincable. People of all religions have good in them too and bad as well.

But for some reason the WTS has always felt they were better then everyone else and they were not touchable. Well they were wrong and I suppose that in the scheme of things Apostates have hit the Society hard, and so have those who have been destroyed by members of the congregations and by members as high as Bethel and GB members themselves. How do they expect us to feel? Happy? They are crazy , they are about to reap that which they have sown.

Orangefatcat.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome IO!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi, IO, great to have you here. Good observation too.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I doubt it is a cryptic message though it may have happened before. It's pure demonic hypocrisy. By mirroring the very words of its critics the WBTS hopes to innoculate its membership from our criticism.

Welcome Interested Observer.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    Since our Creator wants us to search for truth, it cannot be wrong to act on the evidence that we find - even if this means changing our religion.

This is the real kicker for me. It is HIGHLY hypocritical of the WT to be printing an article like this. It must be a PR piece for some land or court somewhere. The WT only prints articles that will benefit itself, and not the R/F.

I plan on reading this article to my mom, and also show her the "Keep Yourselves" appendix where the D/F rules are laid out. The hypocrisy stinks...

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It must be a PR piece for some land or court somewhere. The WT only prints articles that will benefit itself, and not the R/F.

Good point. Made me think of the pro-UN stuff they printed in the literature when they were affiliated (I believe it was a condition of being an NGO member?)

• homeschool
    homeschool

Oooooomigosh, my heart cant take anymore of this. Aaack! I cannot believe this thread and the other one about how religion should not divide people. Ohhhhh, this is too good. I really cannot wait for this magazine to be lying around at my parent's house. I've gotta fight the urge to have an "apostate-like" attitude, its gonna be hard not to do.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ homeschool - deeeeeep breaths.

• homeschool
    homeschool

hahaha...I'm good, dont fret.i'm still laughing about my other thread where that TwoFeet person made me sound like a blonde with pigtails holding a little chihuahua in a purse from Hollywood, California. This article and the other folk's comments are just astounding/nauseating to me. And I cannot wait to read the other articles too, about driving tips and how the kids can share their faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit