Bible Studies...how hard, how rare, anybody know a JW with one???

by oompa 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

My father has been a JW (currently a MS) for over 25 years and he has never started a Bible Study. And in reality, I don't think any JW ever had one. Because, they all study the WTS Books, and use the Bible to prove what the Books say. That is NOT studying the Bible.

• moshe
    moshe

I had a study one and we even got through the entire Truth book- his wife gave me the cold shoulder every week. He came to a couple meetings- Well, as a new elder this gave me some good points witht the CO. -he lost interest and a year later was arrested for theft of a handgun from a UPS shipment- so he had to continue his studies in prison, I guess. I had another study with an elderly farmer for awhile- it was just a social visit for him as nothing ever came of it, except a gas bill for me driving out to the boonies. My JW wife had several studies- one was with a homeless lady who lived in her car ( Florida). My wife was a sap and gave her money to help her out. Of course nothing came of that one. She studied with a lady who lived in one of our rental properties and she did get baptized, as I recall. it's got to be a very rare event today, for a JW to get a study and have them actually get baptized

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember growing up in the 60s and 70s my mother had several studies. They were productive (in jw terms) and several eventually were baptized. Since then I never remember anything close to the bible discussions my mother had with people.

• out4good3
    out4good3

My wife has had a few studies all of which either fizzled out or were transferred to someone else when they'd move away.

I was furious with her at one time. She claimed she wanted to go to school and finish a BA degree. I had her all lined up, registered, money in place. She comes home one day after an assembly and proclaims that she's found a study and would be doing that instead.

My FIL has been in the "troof" since he was born; worked where the need was great, special pioneer, elder..all that and I've recently heard that he's never had a study. What a waste.

• middleman
    middleman

My conductor has one lol....

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I was a rare find for the JWs who got me!

And I think they wished they hadn't by the time I'd finished LOL!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I had studies. Some really really good ones. My first baptized Bible student, is out mostly now, which I am thrilled about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit