Warning: Disturbing. Why some people should not have children

by BizzyBee 27 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I was tempted to put this into the abortion thread.......Apparently the mother, 23, is out there somewhere skipping court-ordered drug rehab. What kind of life is this child going to have, I wonder?

TurnTo23.com

Related To Story
  • Update: Father Accused Of Eating Child's Eyes Out
  • MORE INFO

Father Accused Of Eating Child's Eyes Out

Police Say Man Appeared To Be On PCP

POSTED: 12:10 pm PDT May 15, 2009 UPDATED: 3:25 pm PDT May 19, 2009

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- "It was pretty bizarre," said neighbor Ramon Rodriguez.

Rodriguez was one of the first to discover 34-year-old Angelo Mendoza on April 28 after police said Mendoza bit an eyeball out of his 4-year-old son's face and ate it.

"The guy was crazy. Real bug-eyed; he had to be on drugs," said Rodriguez.

Court documents said neighbors checked on Mendoza's son, Angelo Jr., after they noticed the father acting nervously and fleeing from his east Bakersfield apartment in his wheelchair. Inside, they found little Angelo naked and bleeding. Police said the boy had numerous bites to his hands and his eyes were swollen shut. Doctors said the boy's left eye and muscle were completely missing. His other eye was mutilated beyond repair. The boy told them, "My daddy ate my eyes out." Rodriguez said meanwhile Mendoza approached him at a neighbor's vacant house down the street.

Rodriguez said the boy's father wheeled himself into the front yard and asked Rodriguez to play with him and a pet dog. He was wearing boxers and a sweater. When Rodriguez refused, Mendoza got off his wheelchair and dragged himself into a back yard, where he found an ax.

By then Mendoza had stripped naked. He chained himself to a tree in the back yard and began hacking at his leg with a pickax while yelling incoherently.

"He told me to look into the sun and pray with him. I was kinda scared for a minute," said Rodriguez.

Then Rodriguez jumped on Mendoza and wrestled the ax away.

"As soon as I grabbed the ax he tried to bite me, and I had to hold him down with my knee. There was dry blood around his mouth. I don't know if it was his own, but I'm pretty sure it was his son's now that I hear the story," said Rodriguez.

The police report said Mendoza appeared to be under the influence of PCP. Rodriguez said had he known about little Angelo, the outcome would have been different.

"I would've just let him cut his leg off. What happened to his son is not right. I would've left him alone," said Rodriguez.

Mendoza was arrested on charges of torture, aggravated mayhem, and cruelty to a child. The toddler is now in the custody of Child Protective Services. Mendoza is due in court May 20. His bail is set at $1 million.

For fundraising and donation information, visit www.imforeverchanged.com.
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My god....that is horrific...

• musky
    musky

I feel so bad for the 4 year old. He never did anything to deserve such horrible treatment.

• outofservice
    outofservice

I'm going to go hug my 4 year old now. That is the worst thing I have read in along time. I hope that child finds someone to love him.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

this guy was a longtime witness

• Kudra
    Kudra

Cute little kid. Hope his life takes a better turn.

Serious queston: what is the reason that people do PCP? What is the pleasant desired effect? All I hear arer stories like this- people cutting off their faces and eating them etc. Anyone know about this drug?

• watson
    watson

That had to be very upsetting to Jah.

• asilentone
    asilentone

mondi, where does it say that he was a witness????

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

One day, his dad won't be bigger than him anymore.

• StAnn
    StAnn

BizzyBee, I can almost agree with you on this one. The parents maybe should have been aborted. Who knew they'd turn out like this?

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit