Oral sex and pedophiles

by verystupid77 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

First of all, you are NOT very stupid. Please do not listen to that old JW tape playing again and again in your head. That tape is there to keep you quiet and submissive. You can stop it, but it takes effort and time. Tell yourself what you already know: they are the liars, they are the evil ones, not you.

I'm so sorry, please know how many people in this life hurt for you, grieve for you and are with you, even without fully knowing.

Like you, I too sent letters and all it did was land me in hot water. That CO I mentioned? He sat in my living room and told me if I didn't "shut up" he would see to it personally that I was disfellowshipped. Why? Because I pissed him off. Not from being obnoxious but by relating to him what that MS had done to me as a child. He, like your elders, felt no pity, no love, his heart did not hurt. No. He felt anger. That said a lot to me back then, before the Internet and I thought I was the only one!

So I left, and my wife stayed in. Very awkward, but things turned out okay 13 years later. But I don't want you to feel what I felt for years, I don't want you to beat yourself up, or blame yourself or doubt.

As I said in my first post, Jehovah's Witnesses really really really want this issue to go away. This is why elders, not all but most, behave the way they do. You know there is no love in that organization, there is only guilt and pressure and no matter what you do it is never enough. Child abuse gets in the way of selling magazines, making meetings, studying and those beloved monthly statistics of theirs. In other words, people, even very innocent, defenseless people, only get in the way of numbers; how many magazines, how many hours, how many comments, how many meetings, etc etc etc.

If you look at the Witnesses that way, how they view things like oral sex and child abuse, makes a great deal of sense. Warped and cruel, but understandable. There is no reform, there is no way to make sense of it, the only option is to leave. Just like the faithful Christians left Jerusalem as the Romans fled, just as Lot fled Sodom, so you must flee.

Their view on child abuse is evil. Their treatment of children who have been brutalized is evil. Can a God of love, one who said it would be better for one who hurt a child to have a millstone tied around his neck and thrown into the sea, can that person exist where there is such evil? Not wrong-headedness, not misguided, but evil. Not one faithful Biblical character, no matter how misguided, ever would have treated a child in the way Jehovah's Witnesses do.

Look at what they do, and it speaks so loudly you cannot hear what they say.

It does get better. Please believe me.

Be well,

Chris

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I would also like to add that the elders tend to treat cases of child sexual abuse as though it were a case of fornication or adultery.

A friend of mines 8 year old daughter was abused by a 15 year old elders son. The first thing the elders wanted to find out was if the girl had seduced the 15 year old.

I also remember an elder in my old hall telling about a case he had to deal with in which a dad was having sex with his daughter and this girls two older brothers were having sex with her too. He stated that the reason it was happening was because the girl was behaving inapropriately and that the brothers had to counsel her on more modest behavior.

I've known underaged girls that were raped and the first thing the elders want to know is what kind of panties they were wearing. They consider wearing a thong as an invitation to sex.

I could go on......

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

A Sphere, your report has made me so sick and angry I could cry and scream.

Okay... I guess I have to stop checking this thread now.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I think the jw philosphy is that whoever turns themselves in for oral sex doesn't need a witness in order for them to confess, while a victim of child molestation isn't confessing their own sins but reporting the sins of others...that's where the two witness rule comes in. But IMHO, if the jws really believe in the two witness rule, it shouldn't stop them from making a report to the police about alleged child molestation. This organization is rotten from top to bottom; just a bunch of a**holes who think they have more power than they really do and sadly weild it more than they should...so much so that they can't tell the difference between a sin and a crime.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Oral sex: Too much fun, and could take away from the impetus to get out in field circus, especially when you are supposed to be at the Kingdumb Hell at 5:30 AM to begin street work on time.

Pedophilia: A way to keep children in line, to push one's weight around and show both the children and their parents who is boss.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Thank you Big Tex for your encouraging words. This has been so hard. When I get the engery I will PM you sometime. Thank vs77

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

If your spouse takes you before three men to acusse you and disclose your sexual activities, you have bigger fish to fry!

Of course, I agree that under such circumstance I wouldn't admit to anything, not for hiding anything, but because it's none of their business.

• flipper
    flipper

VERY STUPID- Good thread and a very good question ! I think Jamie Bowers hit the nail close to the head when she stated the WT society " can't tell the difference between a sin and a crime. " I would go one step further and say the WT society REFUSES to see the difference between a " sin and a crime . " The WT society seriously have their priorities TOTALLY screwed up. First of all oral sex is never mentioned in the Bible and for a time in the 1970's even the WT society viewed it as a conscious decision between married JW couples. They should have left it at that. So by extension you could say they are so screwed up they , " can't tell the difference between normal sexual marital relations and a crime. "

But due to the extreme CONTROL measures this malignant organization seems so proficient at - the governing body sticks it's nose into the bedrooms of ever Jehovah's Witness when it's none of their business. The reason they aren't as adamant about pursuing and disciplining pedophiles ? Because they are worried about the perception that rank and file members will have and outsiders if word gets out that TOO MANY of these child abuse incidents are occurring . Facing up to the child abuse issue poses a threat to losing members in the organization- nosing in on married couples oral sex life is just titillating control measures designed to liven up governing body meetings ! Hang in there sis

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Just think how the child would be so traumatized now, then take them to the elders in front of the culprit. the two witness should have no bearing in this area...

It makes me boil, a child would be in worse fear to speak freely....going straight to the police is the best

thing that could be done. They will leave no stone unturned...

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit