The "Daily Text" a mini Brainwash before breakfast? YAWN!

by Witness 007 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I know elders who'd say things like, "Did you notice that excellent point in the Text this morning?". This was done to test their subject as to whether they were being "faithful" to the "Slave's" direction...
    So childish....but I guess the elder thought he was doing his part.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was a complete waste of paper. Mine simply sat in my circus bag, untouched most mornings. If I went out in field circus that morning, I would have to look at the damn thing. (Plus, I would have to listen to those stupid comments on how to tie it in with field circus). But otherwise, it would sit there unopened and untouched. Just as well, because I realize that not only was the washtowel extract out of context with what the Bible really says, but that the Bible itself is so full of holes that it is practically worthless for counsel.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I flat out refused to read the text in the morning. I felt it was an attempt to intrude too deeply into my personal life. My ex then tried reading it at the breakfast table, trying to shame me into being a better "spiritual head". I told her to read it quietly to herself because I didn't want to hear it before I even had a coffee.

Trying to force someone to read or listen to the "daily text" before they are even alert in the morning is, in my opinion, a blatant attempt at brainwashing. I see no other purpose in spewing propaganda at someone who is only half awake.

W

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watchtower propaganda in the morning when your brain is fresh.....at lunchtime read Awake and Watchtowers....at night Service Meeting...late night bible reading.....

• watson
    watson

In case you haven't had the pleasure of a daily "wash" for some time, here's something for you to bookmark.

http://examiningthescripturesdaily.blogspot.com/

• White Dove
    White Dove

I noticed that the scripture sited never matched the subject in the old WT comment section below it. I tried to see a tie in, but it just wasn't there. Try tying in a text on masterbation with field service that morning, or any morning.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

We always read it before dinner as a family, since we all left at different times in the morning. Such rubbish. I hated it, I just wanted to eat! It was just another way to make sure that your mind was constantly on spiritual things, lest your mind wander away.....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I don't think I read the text more than a couple of dozen times in 7 years. I didn't have time for it.

• blondie
    blondie

The day's text is just a regurgitation of a paragraph from the previous year's study WT article. More emphasis is given to the WT material than the scripture itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit