The "Daily Text" a mini Brainwash before breakfast? YAWN!

by Witness 007 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I hate the damn Daily Text! I would wake up tired, looking for Coffee and some eggs after a party night and my Mum or Wife would say "First lets read the daily text".......SO NOT IN THE MOOD! It's like a mini brainwash in case you forget your a Witness later in the day.

Remember whaen it came with the yearbook attached? Pre- 1988 I think...try putting that in your pocket. On the positve side it makes an awsome Coffee Coaster!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Didn't you love it when someone would refer to last Thursday's text in daily conversation and you didn't know what the hell they were talking about?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

N.M.C.Aid lol! I hate it when people mention todays text and I go.........yeah right, was a good one about ummm bible and stuff....umm faithful slave and stuff!

• wobble
    wobble

Yea, I did just that smartarse thing with a MS who came round to encourage me a couple of months after I had left,early last year, I quoted a couple of things from day texts, I knew damn well he hadn't read them! LOL

I don't bother to keep up with the trash now,but then no one calls anymore,thankfully !

love

Wobble

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

When my wife started her most recent study, she tried to leave the daily text for me to read a few times.....it really is just mini brainwashing

• homeschool
    homeschool

I never looked at it that way, but that is hiLARIOUS! And sooooooo NOT at the same time.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I remember one very self-righteous brother commenting during a Q&A re. the Daily Text that he refuses to eat anything until he's "considered" (weird choice of word, right?) the Daily Text.

The brother conducting the service meeting item in question replied, "Well, I hope you never lose your Daily Text...".

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Didn't you love it when someone would refer to last Thursday's text in daily conversation and you didn't know what the hell they were talking about?

I know elders who'd say things like, "Did you notice that excellent point in the Text this morning?". This was done to test their subject as to whether they were being "faithful" to the "Slave's" direction...

• chickpea
    chickpea

as a good, brain-dead witless
    not ONLY did we sit for 10 minutes
    with the 4 kids before school to do
    the "day text" , i also had a basket
    with the FRUITAGES on slips of paper....
    and the kids drew a slip and were
    encouraged to manifest said fruitage.....

i sure hope they mastered that
    long-suffering aspect....

(sorry kids, mom was an idiot)

ETA: the BS conductor told us
    WE COULD COUNT THE TIME!!!

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

It is exactly of what was happening in George's Orwells novel 1984. The 5 minute hate!!! When everyone had to stop working and watch trhough the screen a 5 minute session from the Big Brother....

The similarities of the WT and 1984's Big Brother are simply more than amazing

JustHuman14 formely known justhuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit