What crazy demonstrations did you see on the Service Meeting?

by BonaFide 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I had a couple of pretty good ones, I thought.

My first one was Theocratic News. I know a lot of congregations that did this one. We had a long table facing the audience, and we gave the "Theocratic News" from the KM as if it were a TV news broadcast. At the end, a brother ran onto the stage and handed me a paper. I read it to the congregation. It said, "Despite heavy rains in Fiji, the brothers were still able to achieve a new peak in publishers."

Everyone applauded.

My second one was I pretended like I had a talk show. I interviewed one of the elders, who explained the work of Jehovah's Witnesses. I asked him what Witnesses say at the doors. He said, "Let's have a demonstration." So two sisters came up and did a demonstration. The audience liked that one too.

We also had a bro who used to love to turn off all the lights in the auditorium, and then bring a lantern onto the platform. Or turn off all the lights and turn them on one by one. All illustrating the light of the truth.

What about your congregations? Any crazy demo's?

BF

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dang. I wish I had been in your congregation!

• sspo
    sspo

Not crazy but very boring.

Am i supposed to memorize 3 or 4 min. presentation.

I never listened to them

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I remember the service meeting and having a demonstration that involved instruction on inserting ones foot NOT into ones mouth(that came naturally to JW's), but rather in the door. It's a good way to keep the discussion going? It was over 30 years ago, I was maybe 8 or 9, so I don't remember the details, other than sticking ones foot in the door. I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke or what!

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

When I was in high school, I used to do alot of art for presentations. I did a pastel drawing of the Suit of Armor thing, I forget the scripture now. I did one of the thing that had feet of clay, forget the details of that too. I did a drawing of Jesus copied from the Bible Stories book, that was huge and got rave reviews. I did afew others too but forget the relevance.

I remember dressing up as a "harlot" for a demonstration. Wore scarlet stockings and rolled my skirt to above the knee and had on tonnes of mascara. I was the "bad example" for the youth in the demo. LOL prophetic really.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

My favorite was a Brother who had been counseled to kind of ‘spice things up a little”. He was extremely boring on stage.

His next talk involved something like ‘Proper tools at the proper time’ or something. During his talk he pulled tools out of his suit. First it was pair of tweezers. Then a small screwdriver out of his pocket. Then a large allen wrench. Then an even bigger wrench out of his jacket. Out of nowhere the biggest socket wrench I had ever seen appeared. Then from under his sleeve he somehow pulled out a hack saw.

By this time everyone was either on edge or cracking up. Then the coup de grace. He reached behind and underneath his jacket and pulled, out of his pants mind you, a sledgehammer. Half the congregation was stunned. The other half started uncontrollably laughing. One brother went into laughing fits and was asked to go outside when he couldn’t stop.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

By this time everyone was either on edge or cracking up. Then the coup de grace. He reached behind and underneath his jacket and pulled, out of his pants mind you, a sledgehammer. Half the congregation was stunned. The other half started uncontrollably laughing. One brother went into laughing fits and was asked to go outside when he couldn’t stop.

OMG ! yeah, uncontrolable laughter here too!

• wobble
    wobble

I remember one we did,where a Bro. bandaged up his foot ,really HUGE, and we had him pushed on the platform in a wheelchair,this was my way of illustrating "Spiritual Gout" which according to me you caught if you just came to the Meetings and consumed "food" and did not exercise by going out in FS. Was I a prig? (pronounced with a ck at the end)

Another one I did was a Bro asked me to do a "conversation stopper" and he would deal with it ,as in the "reasoning" book,choose what you like he said,sure in his own ability.

so on the platform I said,after his FS intro "No thanks I am an Atheist,thank God" He had no reply to that one!

Love

Wobble

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

We had a period of time with some really crazy ones --

One that stands out is where a brother made his service meeting part into a game show. He starts by saying, "I think I would to do a game show ... if only I had some contestants."

Voice comes out the speakers -- "You have contestants Brother L----" and the calls some kids out of the audience who come to the stage Price-Is-Right style. Then they proceeded into some kind of mock game show with Brother L asking the kids the questions and them buzzing in with the answers.

Good times ...

• oompa
    oompa

one of my congos was in rual no-where america.....i always loved the demonstrations where there were several chairs lined up on stage filled with dubs and kids.....informal witnessing on a bus and a subway.....there were no bus systems within 100 miles......and no subway within 500 miles......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit