examining scriptures daily 2009

by k9groomer 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

lol thanks for the replies, haven't found any more good ones been to busy for entertainment:)

• booby
    booby

w082/15p.20par.14ImitatetheGreatestMissionary

An important aspect of Jesus’ way of teaching was that he lived in harmony with what he taught. Many people come to appreciate the fine conduct of Jehovah’s Witnesses, who imitate Jesus in this regard. A businessman in New Zealand had his car broken into and his briefcase stolen. He reported this to the police, who said: “Your only chance of getting your property back would be if one of Jehovah’s Witnesses was to find it.” A Witness delivering newspapers found the briefcase. Notified of this, the owner came to the sister’s home. He was relieved to find that a document that was invaluable to him was there. The sister told him, “It was only proper that I return the property, especially as I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” The businessman was amazed, remembering what the constable had told him that very morning. Clearly, true Christians are living according to the teachings found in the Bible and in imitation of Jesus.—Heb. 13:18.

what is the chance of that story not being pure bullshit, to use the vernacular.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

June 28 - "Moreover, by acting like a harlot, false religion has seduced and controlled "the kings of the earth," using lying doctrines and spiritistic practices to keep the masses in passive subservience to their political masters."

Aug 10 - "Second, they willingly submit themselves to the direction provided by the Governing Body."

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

yadda yadda 2.....a contrast none of the sheeple will ever notice....but it appears that they had the june wt properly sequenced to preceed the 10 August 'day text'

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Today's text is 1 Cor 10 31 - whether YOU are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory the context is

"If anyone of the unbelievers invites YOU and YOU wish to go, proceed to eat everything that is set before YOU, making no inquiry on account of YOUR conscience. 28 But if anyone should say to YOU: “This is something offered in sacrifice,” do not eat on account of the one that disclosed it and on account of conscience. 29 “Conscience,” I say, not your own, but that of the other person. For why should it be that my freedom is judged by another person’s conscience? 30 If I am partaking with thanks, why am I to be spoken of abusively over that for which I give thanks? 31 Therefore, whether YOU are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory. 32 Keep from becoming causes for stumbling to Jews as well as Greeks and to the congregation of God, 33 even as I am pleasing all people in all things, not seeking my own advantage but that of the many, in order that they might get saved"

To me it about exercising a reasonable conscience and balancing rules commonsense and considering the opinions of others - simple enough..But what is their comment?

"As Christians, we enjoy life, and we wish to glorify God in everything we do. When we faithfully apply ourselves to preaching the Kingdom good news and teaching others to observe all the things that Jesus commanded, we will find many rewarding avenues of service open to us. (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20) Besides working with the local congregation, we may have opportunities to serve where there is a greater need, whether in another territory, language, or country. Which avenues of service should you pursue? As a dedicated servant of Jehovah, always look to him and to his organization for direction. His “good spirit” will help you make the right decision. (Neh. 9:20) One assignment often leads to another, and the experience and skills acquired in one form of service may be useful in another assignment later. w07 10/1 2:11, 12"

Now you may judge for yourselves, but it is funny how they always seem to bring it back to 'obedience to the Organization' - When I used to conduct Field Service Groups and discuss the text, I would often take it from The Bible and ignore their comments altogether,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit