examining scriptures daily 2009

by k9groomer 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

Found an examining scriptures daily 2009 booklet on my table. So I sifted through some of it. Actually I'm shocked it's not as bad (if they just practiced what was in here) as I thought but ran across a couple different days like this one.

Sunday June 28 You had no hope Eph. 2:12

The vast majority of mankind are unaware of the real significance of world events. In addition, the loss of loved ones in death or other personal tradgedies leave many distraught. Without accurate knowledge of why such things happen and where the solution lies, these people are without hope. "Babylon the Great," the world empire of false religion, has brought little comfort to the masses. On the contrary, by means of the "wine of her fornication," she has made multitudes stagger in spiritual confusion. Moreover, by acting like a harlot, false religion has seduced and controlled "the kings of the earth," using lying doctrines and spiritistic practices to keep the masses in passive subservience to their political masters. False religion has thus gained power and influence but at the same time completely rejected religious truth.

Anyone see the irony? amazing... Actually this came about AFTER my 12 yr old daughter had spent the day with my devout JW mom, cousins and unbelieving sister who has studied with JW's and is really close to my mom. She proceeded to tell me how they had a field day putting down my husband, how he is psycho, how they didn't like me blah blah. I asked her if they said anything about God, she said yeah but couldn't remember. I told her I'm sorry she had to spend time with ppl like that who try to pass themselves off as christians. I promptly texted my mom and sister to leave me out of their conversations Matthew 7:1-5.

I told my daughter I'd teach her some scriptures to bring up when and if this ever happened again. I'm learning WAY more about the bible than I ever did as a witness & I'm for the first time not staggering in spiritual confusion lol

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

LMAO I'm sorry

Friday July 31 We wish to conduct ourselves honestly in all things.

An important aspect of Jesus' way of teaching was that he lived in harmony with what he taught. Many people come to appreciate the fine conduct of Jehovah's Witnesses who imitate Jesus in this regard. A businessman in New Zealand had his car broken into and his briefcase stolen. The police said to him "your only chance of getting your property back would be if one of Jehovah's Witnesses found it." A Witness did find the briefcase. Notified of this, the owner came to the sister's home. He was relieved to find that a document that was invaluable to him was there. The sister told him. "It was only proper that I return the property, especially as I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The businessman was amazed, remembering what the constable had told him that very morning....

Well than dang it my hubby shouldn't have returned the keys he found the other day as he's not a JW or he should have announced that he did it because he's a Christian...

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

Monday, Aug 10 Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you. Heb 13:17

This was my personal excerpt fav..

The other sheep companions of the congregation of annointed Christians prove their faith in various ways. First they support the annointed in proclaiming the good news of God's Kingdom. Second, they willingly submit themselves to the direction provided by the Governing Body. Thrid, they support their annointed brothers by living in harmony with Jehovah's righteous principles.........

Ummmmmmm no thanks, Not a cult? Submit to man? I'll just follow Jesus.....and tell ppl my testimony of how my life has changed....

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Hi k9groomer!

the text you quote is really ridiculous - funny thing - they dont see it.ยจ

I hate Daily Texts ....! (We also have them on the table... !)

Albert

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

LOL k9groomer, take it easy reading those daily texts or will use up all your allotted postings in 5 minutes!

using lying doctrines and spiritistic practices to keep the masses in passive subservience to their political masters

Who are we talking about here? Babyloin the great or Brooklyn babblers?

Mattieu.

• wobble
    wobble

It was ,strangely a day's text that really woke me up,it was during early January last year,and of course it quoted from a WT of the previous year.

It was claiming that the "24 Elders" of Revelation were sending messages to the GB today,a claim made in the Rev. Climax book as well.

I suddenly realised in a flash that they were TALKING NONSENSE of the highest order,but worse,it was blasphemous,putting the FDS/GB in the place of Jesus.

I did already think a lot of what they claimed was nonsense, (1914 etc) but this put them beyond the pail as far as I was concerned,and convinced me that Almighty God had no connection with this Organization.

I walked from the KH some weeks later,never to return. The funny thing is,I didn't normally read the Day Text,but I am glad I did that day.

Love

Wobble

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The daily text.....bllluuuuurr!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm using the August 10 text as the basis of my next Freeminds blog.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Passive Subservience to their Political masters"......or if your a Witness "Religious masters."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I like that one where they say that the only chance of getting it back is if one of Jehovah's Witlesses finds it. I wonder what happens if an apostate finds it and returns it, and tells the police that he was being honest only because he didn't have to put any part of it into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, and to show that apostates can be honest, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit