Should I stay or should I go?

by The Berean 15 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

If she is already ignoring you and disregarding your thoughts, then she has evidently already made an emotional detachment from you and is not showing you any love or respect by talking down to you. You both may be happier moving on, but only the two of you can make that choice.

*Dana & JD thinking alike.....*

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I think more information is necessary to fully understand your situation. How long have you been married? Do you have any children? How old are they? How old are you and your wife? How long has this problem been going on? Has the relationship been better in the past? Have you tried counseling? Do you love her? Are there other aspects to the relationship that you like or benefit from? How does she feel about the marriage, or do you know?

• The Berean
    The Berean

Mrs Fiorini:

Would it matter at all if I loved her once she has chosen her love of God over mine? Core issue for me.

• out4good3
    out4good3

If she is already ignoring you and disregarding your thoughts, then she has evidently already made an emotional detachment from you and is not showing you any love or respect by talking down to you.

If she's not interested in getting counseling, I'd give this woman the space she's passive-aggressively asking for. I know of a couple of marriages like this where the principles with this type of attitude have and are attempting to stay together and it's not pretty.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I was going to ask all the same questions that Mrs Fiorini asked about children, how old and all that stuff, I think it matters if there are kids involved. Like would you be getting out only to leave them there to be raised in a cult? With all that under consideration, I don't think I could stay married to someone who didn't at least hear me out. You know even when I was totally "in" if my husband would have handed me CoC, I would have at least read it. When I handed it to him a year ago, he read it with great trepidation. How can you share a life, a bed and a mortgage with some one that won't try to understand you. I have experienced this with family, they have just stopped talking to me without even asking why I quit, it is grossly dismissive and disrespectful. You know if they were people that just went to church twice a month and didn't let it govern their whole entire life, I would say who cares. However it is too much of an invasive life style to just chalk it up to a quirky difference.

• The Berean
    The Berean

no more kool aid:

Two grown children ... one an elder, one in prison!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit