Who is going to the District Assembly this year?

by asilentone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

WC: Gotta go. I have a talk. Was planning on going weekend only, but they assigned me a talk friday morning.

Yikes! Hope it's not too vomit-making (for you).

But I told my wife I'm not eating sandwichs. I'll go out to eat, even if it's against the 'slave's' instructions. They make everybody eat crappy food while standing or in the auditorium seats, while the CO's, DO's wives and all the 'important' ones eat at their very comfortable apartments within the Assembly hall.

I hope you keep your lapel card on - y'know, to give a good witness in those worldly restaurants. And don't change into your bluejeans for the occasion - you want to stand out as different!

It's a yearly nightmare with three kids.

*sympathetic thoughts* However, if they are still quite young, you do have the excuse for being distracted in keeping them quietly occupied, taking them out for long walks or pushing them around in strollers during nap time (where you can bump into old friends and catch up) - anything to break up the monotony.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Is the District Assembly for the Pittsburgh, PA congs. still held in Cleveland, Ohio?

The last one I attended was about 3 months after my wife died in 1996. I tried going for one day in 1997 but left after a few hours and came back home. I was mentally on the way out of the borg.

HappyDad

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'll go if they start providing food again.

I guess I'm not going.

Warlock

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Gotta go. I have a talk. Was planning on going weekend only, but they assigned me a talk friday morning.

Wow, how did that happen? Is it on the TMS? That sucks, having to give a talk about stuff you don't believe (I assume?) in front of thousands, my condolences :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit