Who is going to the District Assembly this year?

by asilentone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Carla, I have never heard of that. Is that right??

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, that's right, ASO.

Anything to keep the congregation busy.

Sylvia

Edit: My daughter and her friends were busily posting labels on fliers this weekend.

No, I won't be going.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I'm not going, but it is coming to me. I live downtown in a town where the convention is being held. I plan on escaping to my compound those weekends.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I am sure my wife will want to go and want me to tag a long.........maybe a few hours one morning just to let me ask some questions, but would rather tear off my fingernails.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Gotta go. I have a talk. Was planning on going weekend only, but they assigned me a talk friday morning.

But I told my wife I'm not eating sandwichs. I'll go out to eat, even if it's against the 'slave's' instructions. They make everybody eat crappy food while standing or in the auditorium seats, while the CO's, DO's wives and all the 'important' ones eat at their very comfortable apartments within the Assembly hall.

It's a yearly nightmare with three kids.

• carla
    carla

I dunno, what do I know? my jw went to one this weekend all day on Sun, traveled about an hour? then next weekend is a 3 dayer about 2 1/2 -3 hours away. He put it on the calendar the other week and left me note on Sun morn he would be gone all day at the thingy.

• blondie
    blondie

carla, I do believe there is a district assembly in Green Bay May 22-24...he could be going to that one. So doesn't he say where he will be in case an emergency comes up?

Blondie

Green Bay, WIResch Center
    1901 S Oneida St.
    English

• May 22-24

http://www.ticketstaronline.com/default.asp?ticketstar=26&objId=481

• carla
    carla

Thanks Blondie, yeah I knew about the Green Bay one and yesterday was Janeseville. I don't get why it is two weekends in a row. Probably just my own memory here but I always think the one day ones are more in winter and the 3 day ones are in spring/early summer and in fall. Emergency you say? ha, as if he would leave that spiritual banquet for an emergency? hmm, not sure about that! I don't think I would even think to call him in that situation because I don't think his phone would be on and I don't think he would leave either but you never know...

• blondie
    blondie

Carla, about every weekend is booked for circuit assemblies at the assembly hall. I can see that his was scheduled for this month and he happens to be going to the earliest DC scheduled this year. I wonder why he's not assigned to DeKalb or maybe he is but it is more "convenient" to go to Green Bay?

• out4good3
    out4good3

I'd rather have my eyes dilated and be forced to stare into the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit