gays in your congregation...?

by Albert Einstein 13 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I've known several. With some it was obvious. They all repress it, some getting married and having kids. Many of them don't last and leave their spouse and fall away from the troof.

My mom (still a JW) was telling me about some transgender person in their hall. This person was born physically female, and has not done any type of surgery or anything. Apparently this person "tried that lifestyle" but it was unfulfilling. So now her plan is to live out the rest of her days as a JW, repressed and unmarried. The new system will correct this "birth defect."

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm glad our friend didn't follow through with suicide too, Dana. You know, I can't imagine what they must go through, having to grow up a witness is hard enough without the adding pressure of being told your are evil, broken or flawed! Sitting through meetings listening to ones comment, when they don't have a clue. So sad.....

When I was a JW and married to my first husband, we had a business, and had a teenage boy work for us. It was always rumored and there were signs that he was gay. Never effected us though. He worked hard and we were glad to have him. We did have to let him go though cause he did end up getting df'd along with another teenage boy in the congregation.

I'm just glad that we all have been able to escape and live our life!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Dagney said: ...convinced him to come back to meetings, only to DF him 2 weeks later...they didn't even know him. They said they did it because the public knew of his actions. They punished him for trying to come back.

That made me want to cry.

• dinah
    dinah

I agree baba. That was just evil and mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit