Is Anybody on Facebook?

by homeschool 36 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

Hey there....I'm taking a leap here. I really enjoy reading all the threads on here and think you're swell folks. But with all the anonymity, its still kinda lonely to not "know" who you are. I have been out of the jw's for about 12 years, although not df'd or da'd. I refuse either one of those options because my immediate family is still "in". This is no attempt to trick anyone....check out my other threads/comments and you will know I am the real deal . If anybody on here would like to be "friends" on Facebook, can you send me a private message?

Thanks,

Homeschool

• homeschool
    homeschool

....oh, if you are still attending meetings or are undecided whether you have the "truth" or not, it might be best if we just be friends on this forum. For those of you who are SURE of where you stand, I would love to hear from you. Thanks to those who've already accepted my friends requests!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well you found me on there. I am not very bright on it.

so it took me a few moments to find out how to accept you as a friend. DAH!!!

But if that is your picture on there WOW! a beauty..!!!!

• homeschool
    homeschool

LOL...yes it is MY picture. you have not been put into any groups like "clients" or "jw" so you can check out ALL of my pictures...its the real ME.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Is that your hubby??? Very very handsome.Even at 80+
    I know a good looker when I see him ( wink wink

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I am on facebook... at first it was a very sparse list.... now its a lot longer...

and funny thing, everyone on my friends list is from JWD/N except one person who I met through eHarmony and stay in touch with. At first it was all women on my friends list...she referred to you as "the harem." Now there are some guys from JWD there so it's not "the harem" anymore..LOL...

I am not DF/DA because of a JW mom...so on FB I am only viewable to "friends" and "friends of friends"...meaning if you are on someone from JWD's list, you can probably view my profile...

and my profile says nothing about "Snakes".... but does have my pic that I posted on here....

Snakes ()

• homeschool
    homeschool

HAHA! Well, I just changed the picture to me with two of my best friends (who are not jw's). But the FIRST picture when I requested to be your friend IS my hubby. I totally robbed the cradle! Thank you for the kind words....LOVE IT!

• homeschool
    homeschool

Hi snakes, I just read your blog....very insightful! I'm sending you a PM. Is JWN really s'posed to shut down soon?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm on facebook but don't want to dredge up my JW past (in case prospective employers run a search on me).

I'm happy to send my name to you (or others) but you may be disappointed as I don't log on to fb much at all.

Is JWN really s'posed to shut down soon?

Huh???? Did I miss another announcement??????????????

If you are looking for association, you may find that a meet-up is most rewarding. I've happily been to several - and even organized a few.

-Aude.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Snakes said he doesn't update his blog to often, so I'm guessing the JWN shutdown he speaks of is old...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit