Are Jehovah's Witnesses really honest people?

by asilentone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Honest with who? not with each other as related in the many stories about jw's who employ other jw's. Not with their elders or NY when they lie on their time sheets. Certainly not at the doors and most definitely not with their non jw family. My jw was flat out told to lie to me, to sneak out of the house to attend jw things and I have heard other ubm's say similar things. Take a look at the definition of the word 'lie' in the Aid book and tell me if they are honest. In their mind they get to decide who is 'worthy' of truth. The wt teaches jw's to be dishonest and attempt to take guilt away by saying the person really wasn't'worthy' of truth to begin with. Then they get angry when you ask them who is the father of lies because they know that answer.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Some are honest, some are not. It depends on the nature of the person.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Is anyone honest these days? Look at all of the cheating scandals in colleges and universities; look at Wall Street and Government and Corporate America. I'd be shocked if there was anybody left on the planet who was honest. JDubs are no more honest than anyone else and, as stated in posts above, are trained by the WTS on ways to be dishonest and convince themselves it's okay.

No, of course, JDubs aren't honest. Neither am I. My name isn't really St. Ann.

St. Ann

• oompa
    oompa

as a whole in the USA......way above average has been my fortunate experience..........oompa

• StAnn
    StAnn

Oomps, I'm in the USA and trust me, in the Midwest, JDubs could give lessons in dishonesty.

St. Ann

• carla
    carla

Yeah but St. Ann do you lie about your name because God or jah told you to? did jah Himself tell you it was ok? do people on Wall St., govt & Corp. America lie all in the name of God? that is the difference. jw's are trained to lie at the doors and whenever they feel they are 'protecting' jah & the org. Wrapping up your lies in the veil of God is more upalatable to most people. Lying for personal gain, fame and fortune is attributed to the human condition usually.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Elsewhere said:

By the time it's over they make Bernard Madof look like a saint.

Most JW's are generally pretty well meaning folk, BUT when they are pushed into a corner look out!

They will lie better than any one else you have ever met; I know from very bitter experience.

fokyc

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they cheat, and then lie in order to say "we are the most honest people on earth", "anyone would love to emply us"!

• donny
    donny

My experience has been that JW's are no more or less honest than the general public, although they would think otherwise. One problem I have noticed is that when JW's do stray from the honesty side, other JW's are more likely to make excuses for them than to state it for what it is.

Don

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve found that most JW`s will try to get away with something..Everyone of them is willing to Lie for mother(WBT$)...............................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit