Working from Home - Ideas?

by YoYoMama 22 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

I am looking to work from home. I don't know if any of you are doing this. Do any here have any ideas of how I can get into this? I've thought about the medical transcripts, but don't know who to contact. I am looking for something I can do with my computer. Unfortunately there are many scams out there and I'm paranoid. I think a good recommendation would be very valuable.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Almost anything specifically advertised as a "work from home" program is not going to pan out, unfortunately. You are correct in that most offers are either scams or dead ends. The days when just having a computer at home was something unique are long gone, so it is only by having a specific skill or highly focused area of expertiese that one can capitalize on this fact.

What kind of businesses are in your area? Are there a number of people in a specific field where you could offer them some service which would make sense for them to send out rather than having someone on staff to do it? For example, around here there are many jewelery manufacturers. They sometimes send out work to make catalogs and pricing sheets, and something called "Plan-a-grams" which retail stores use to arrainge displays of merchandise. Making those is a very specialized skill, and can pay off if you get good at it.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Prostitution?

Slipnslidemaster:"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
    - Oscar Wilde

• Simon
    Simon

I agree that there are lots of scams. The only stuff I know is software development related which may not be much use.

• LB
    LB

I know one lady that is doing medical transcripts from home and is doing pretty well with it. She works for a local doctor. Another lady has signed up to do medical billing. She took the course, paid her money and has been able to find some work. She's not making much at this point in time, but she says it's too soon to call it a scam.

Not easy to find something homebased that works. We raise and sell quarter horses. It's not worth it, trust me

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Englishman
    Englishman

On Oct 30th, you said:

No doubt, many of you were afraid on September 11th. I imagine at least a few of you apostates thought about Harmageddon. The end is near. Oh you may laugh now, but not for long...not for long. Repent...

Let me get this right. You now want us to give you advice?

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• rhett
    rhett

I sell meteorites from home. Kind of a tough business to learn though.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Englishman: good point, but not everybody on this board is an apostate. Some are pretty cool people!

• Mulan
    Mulan

My daughter in law took college courses to do the medical transcription, and was doing pretty well, but in our area, it is phasing out. We know several gals who do it from home, using tapes the doctors get to them. Now, with voice activated computers, the whole thing is changing, and most are not getting the work they once did. At least here it is that way.

I work from home, marketing herbs and weight loss products, from my web sites. Sometimes I feel like all I do is place orders, and repack to ship overseas. If it is to be shipped within the US, the suppliers ship directly to my customers, but to Japan, Hong Kong, and other countries, I have to do it from home. But it pays great. The overhead is practically nothing, just website payment ($15 a month) and tape for the boxes. And, I only work a few hours a week. Not bad.
    Here are my web sites, just in case you are interested:
    . http://www.enrichinglives.com
    . http://www.vivamarilyn.com
    . http://www.4tf.com/k

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

you might try translating documents for companies or perhaps try work as a proofreader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit