Two by two going to a funeral!!

by alanv 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alanv
    alanv

I'm sitting at home watching cricket on the box( I know that's sad) and look out of the window and who do I see but two sets of people walking down the street calling on peoples houses. Yes Jehovah's Witnesses.

The weird thing is that they are walking even slower than people in a funeral march. They look just as unhappy as if someone has just died.

Also why do they go house to house in twos. I can understand if it was an area where there could be trouble but lets face it most places are not like that.

Considering they are meant to be engaged in an urgent life saving work there whole demeanor says the opposite namely no hurry at all, miserable as hell and speaking to 50% less people than they would if they worked singly.

Is this the way it is in other areas I would be interested in your comments

• ninja
    ninja

never mind 2 by 2 going to a funeral................at my mother in law's funeral ....I'm taking a 2 by 4......just in case I see movement in the coffin

ninja....always on topic

• wobble
    wobble

You are spot on Al, they go two by two nearly everywhere,so that they have someone to talk to,as most householders ask them if they" believe in sex and travel."

In my experience most leaders of field circus pair people off as though it is a given.I was unusual in that Ialways preferred to work alone,then I could handle the call as I wanted,maybe not talking too much about religion,so much so that one lady said to me "I have enjoyed talking to you,but I can't stand the Jehovah's Witnesses!"

Love

Wobble

• rebel8
    rebel8
    speaking to 50% less people than they would if they worked singly

Very good point.

Plus there'd be less of a need for pesky chaperones.

Maybe one of our active jw members would ask this question of their fellow zombies, or submit it to Questions From Readers.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    Considering they are meant to be engaged in an urgent life saving work there whole demeanor says the opposite namely no hurry at all, miserable as hell and speaking to 50% less people than they would if they worked singly.

This is the golden ticket. IF they were truly concerned about others welfare because the big A was getting ready to hit, they would urgently be going to as many houses as they could.

THIS is one of the things that woke me up. As I grew older, I started to get more spiritual in the congregation where I grew up. It was a Spanish congo, and with this particular one, this is how field service was handled:

-You'd get a street or two, with maybe 10-15 houses.

-You'd find maybe one or two people (mostly childen).

-Then after about 40 minutes, you were done. You would check with everybody else in the area to see if they needed help, but if they were almost done, there was nothing you could do. Now it was time to go get some lunch.

THIS method seemed so out-of-date and incompetent. We weren't finding people! Even after I got married and moved to another congo, it was handled the same way.

Now my wife and I did spend some time with an English congo, and things were a little different. The particular one we went to, the brothers would make an effort to find more people. But most of the time was spent driving to farther places. So we would probably try to reach the same number of people, only it would take 2 hours instead of less than 1.

And at the very end, this is what it should come down to:

IF JW's have a truly urgent message, they would NOT be afraid to confront someone who is an "apostate" or perhaps a priest who truly knows his Bible. Why not sit down and defend their faith?

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Hmmm, maybe they're sent in twos to counteract a well informed householder. A witness wouldn't concede to a "non believer" in the presence of another witness.

• VIII
    VIII

Witnesses to the witness.

You need proof you went out in Service. And, you need a Witness that you actually told them about the Troof and didn't talk about last night sports game or American Idol (Britians Got Talent).

I think in most areas security is the last issue. Considering one person could go to each home and overlap each other. Keeping an eye out for the other. No, I think it is to prove that they were actually talking about Jah and not Joe the Plumber.

Me, I usually didn't push the door bell if I saw my partner look away for a moment. I would lightly knock on the door, hoping no one would answer. Given the chance to be alone I would have sat in my car and *witnessed* to the steering wheel.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Yes they are off to an funeral in the name of their "god" "jehovah". The should follow Jesus instead.

Matthew 8:22 (New International Version)

22 But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

All the best,

Stephen

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

More importantly Alanv, which cricket match were you watching? Another England loss?? Or the 20/20 in Sth Africa? Bring on the Ashes later this year......

I would rather watch a 5 day test match washed out by the rain than go door to door

Mattieu.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

haha purpleplus thats one of the most accurate possiblities ive seen here yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit