How long were you a JW and how far up the "ladder" did you get?

by Gram 20 Replies latest social humour

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Baptised for 21 years, made it to elder.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Bastised at 14...jeeez

Regular pioneer at 16.

Married at 19.

Min servant at 20.

Came off poison-hearing at 23

And deleted from ms same year......seems when the horse stops pulling the cart it gets shot.....

brief surge at 25 aux pio for 6 months.(working full time so extra credits)

df'd at 35 for not believing the bull anymore and not keeping it on the low.

Bit of a roller-coaster

Hobo

• ninja
    ninja

I did the microphones once for johnny lamont while he went to the toilet ......hope he washed his hands after

I was that far down the pecking order I got overlooked for hall cleaning

and I had to wear a head covering when talking to doreen davies........no not for religious reasons.....it's just she was so damn ugly I couldn't look at

her

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was at my first door alone at age 7 in 1951. Coerced into baptism at age 12. I made it all the way up to microphone boy. I was fired from that privilege of service for not wearing a necktie on the job. I didn't like being a Witness, I mostly didn't like the Witness people, and they overfilled my bullshit bucket.

I kicked the kingdom hall door in 1974 when I saw the year-text. I was fractionally shunned from 1974 until 1992. From 1992 until present I am fully shunned. I actually like "fully shunned" better.

This is the best life I've ever had. I don't like the Witness people and I advocate to their detriment. I don't want any Witnesses to leave the cult and I have scores to settle with more than a few. I'm always on the lookout for settlement opportunities.

• ninja
    ninja

busster....I'm gonna go out on a limb here.....and I could be wrong.......but....I get the feeling you don't like witnesses.....he he

• garybuss
    garybuss

My mother's expression for somebody she didn't like was: "I wouldn't piss on em if they were on fire.".

• ninja
    ninja

but she would fire on them if they were pissed

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Baptised at 19, lots of aux pioneering, married kids ms for a number of years. I had an "elder" who had a fixation on destroying me (ironically he died young from cancer despite being a health nut. I look back now and realise he had deep seated, chronic mental health issues). He hassled my wife to stop full time pioneering saying she was a burden on the cong. I used our car for work so she needed to be picked up.....

Anyhow I stood down as ms etc, yrs go by...suddenly I'm 42 and totally unhappy. I researched deeply and left. Eventually my (ex)wife, kids are now all free.

Life does begin at 40!! Lol

• garybuss
    garybuss

My mother would have made Rutherford look like a choir boy by comparison.

Nobody hates Jehovah's Witnesses more than the Watch Tower Society. The Watch Tower Society thinks Jehovah's Witnesses are idiots. I agree.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Nobody hates Jehovah's Witnesses more than the Watch Tower Society. The Watch Tower Society thinks Jehovah's Witnesses are idiots. I agree.

I agree with you, Gary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit