How would you respond if a Witness tells you that you are "negative?"

by BonaFide 21 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i just agree....oompa

it can be a protection

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I like aSphere's responses. Particularly about explaining things in the ministry. They need to be prepared to defend the faith, right? Or are they just going to say, "talking about that is against my religion."

For example, I have used the example asking how to explain the blood issue to someone Jewish who can scripturally explain that the command to not eat blood was about preparing dead animals to be eaten, not about a life-saving blood "transplant" from a live donor. Or, how would you reword the parts of the Reasoning book that still refer to the generation of 1914? How would you answer if someone asked whether kangaroos were aboard the ark? There is no defense for the flood in Reasoning.

Usually they try to come up with some kind of lame answer, but then look at me like I should tell them a magic response. I just say, "well, I just hope that I'm never asked because I'd have to walk away the loser."

Yeah, that's negative. But what will they say to defend their faith? Or aren't they really prepared for the ministry?

B the X

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Excellent Excellent Excellent everyone!!!

Thank you and I will keep you posted on how I do with these responses.

BF

• Heaven
    Heaven

Any time someone tells me I'm negative I respond with ... "Actually, I am a realist". You can actually see the wheels turning (or is that smell the smoke burning?) on that one.

• poppers
    poppers

How about, "To willingly put on blinders to reality is negativity disguised as spirituality - which of us is doing that? Who is living a phoney life, you or I?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I suppose their wasting people's whole lives in a perennial "emergency" about the world's imminent destruction isn't negative? Incidentally, how many times have they told that the world's demise was imminent, only to have years and years pass with nothing happening?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I learned negativity from the Watchtower master. The Watchtower criticizes everything in this life, teaches nothing has value in this world and therefore 99% of the people must be destroyed soon. I can only point their negativity back at them. Outside of that tho, I can verify that life beyond JW world, this life is to be appreciated, enjoyed and I can only be thankful.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Think of it in terms of photography. A " negative " is a dark shadow that becomes clear over time as the picture gets "lighter and lighter." (Provertbs 4:18 NWT)

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't like Witness people. They're stupid and they're jerks . . . and I'm positive about that.

All my good days have the same thing in common . . . no Witnesses in sight.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Why is anything negative about the WT negative? It's only bad for them, not for the person who learns the truth?

Facts and truth are neither positive nor negative. They exist without charecterization.

Either JW's are teaching the truth or lies. Otherwise, its just another attempt to "change the subject".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit