How would you respond if a Witness tells you that you are "negative?"

by BonaFide 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

When I bring a subject up and then talk about old WT's or the blood fraction, I occasionally get that response.

Yes, I know I can reply, "But I am telling you the TRUTH. Don't you WANT the TRUTH?"

But I am looking for something more subtle, something that can help a Witness to get beyond their cognitive dissonance.

But without a standoff

Anyone?

BF

• ninja
    ninja

I would say....."I'm never,never,never negative....no I'm not.....nope......never"

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

You can turn it back on them. Give a little look of surprise and say,

"So are you saying that the Societys teachings are negative?"

Wait for them to answer so that the cognitive dissonance can set it.

After they huff and puff and and make some feeble protest, say,

"How can we teach others if we don't have a full understanding of what the Society teaches both past and present? I don't know about you but I would be embarresed to go out preaching door to door if I didn't even know our own history!"

• gubberningbody
  • alamb
    alamb

When they ask me why I will never go back, I say, "I could never hate that much again. I found out the world is full of wonderful people. When you lose the fear and anger, you find joy and love."

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

My first response to someone telling me "You're being negative" would be "Are you Positive?" ...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    You can turn it back on them. Give a little look of surprise and say,
    "So are you saying that the Societys teachings are negative?"
    Wait for them to answer so that the cognitive dissonance can set it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

and dishfellowshing is positive? letting human beings die by rufusing blood .. that's positive? harboring pedophiles?? NOT POSITIVE. pick one.

• PEC
    PEC

I would say, at least I am not elated at the thought of 6+ billion people being killed any day now.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit