Does the WTS say Facebook is a bad thing?

by lavendar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Grace, I know on Facebook not just anyone can assess your profile. The person has to be accepted by you as a "friend" before they can see your information. I don't know about My Space.

It's just incredible to me the extremes the WTS goes to control its members! I wish more JWs would wake up and realize how deeply the WTS has taken over their minds. The mind is a terrible thing to waste on the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Lavender .I didnt know that.(((HUG))

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They have a big problem with MySpace, so Facebook is also verboten. I know because my sis has a Facebook profile and doesn't want the elders to know...

• lrkr
    lrkr

Funny- because there is a Jehovah's Witnesses Group on facebook that one of my friends joined. (I'm not going near it!)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I personally know of two Mnisterial Servants who have closed their Facebook accounts within the past six weeks.

• lavendar
    lavendar

((((HUG)))) to you too, Grace.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

This seems to be more of a congregation-to-congregation kind of deal. I was a member of a JW facebook group, but got kicked out :( They did not want anyone asking questions.....haha

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

They say everything is Bad if it's not from them, duh.

• dobbie
    dobbie

They should like facebook. My hubbys brother is a jw and his girlfriend (non jw) answered someone on his page and said they had a sexual relationship, so one of the other jws he added has reported him!Perfect way to spy on the flock!!

• PEC
    PEC

My sister and niece both just joined Facebook. I guess it hasn't been banned yet.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit