Woodworth - the Weird "Awake" editor encourages Smoking dies of throat Cancer!

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watchtower's magazine editor Clayton Woodworth recommended smoking in the "Golden Age" magazine. 10/25 1933 "...infeebled constitutions inherited from fashionable mothers cannot stand up under Tabbaco." {Translation= Only a pussy doesn't Smoke} He prefered a pipe until 1951 when he had his voicebox removed due to throat cancer...months later he died. Ironic that he recommended some of the most bizzar medical treatments in Jehovahs magazine, while promoting smoking as "manly."

E.g G.A 2/10 1926 p.310 " Air Baths are good for preventing Colds...strip naked in the morning and bob up and down for awhile..." {good way to catch cold}

Also he was very very wierd! He refered to himself as "the Canvasser" and often in the third person. {See Yearbook 85 p.228} E.g Regarding himself he would say: "The Canvasser delivered his speech today..." Wierdo!

• minimus
    minimus

Tell me more about quotes and his smoking, please.

• middleman
    middleman

Well he did admit to being taken over by deeeeeeeeeeemons! That should say enough right there...

• rebel8
    rebel8

I remember that!

I guess it's also a statement against fashion. Ladies: Don your prarie skirts or your son will become a wussy!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Ironic is it not that the people that are said to be the voice of god here on earth supported the use of tobacco and the consumption of alcohol.

Wasn't Rutherford blatantly against Prohibition, when it was instituted in the 1920's .

I always wondered too why Jesus turned water into wine for some people, didn't he care about their health or did he just wanted to see them all get drunk,

very strange way for a perfect man to behave .

I'm going to ask him that when he returns.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Smoking was okay till the 1970's lol!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Witness, are you sure that smoking was okay til the 70's? My parents had to quit smoking before they got baptized in 1966.

• VM44
    VM44

Woodworth was a pipe smoker?

This is both interesting and important. Can you provide a source?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Smoking was okayish until about 1973. Disadvised, but the brothers would take smoke breaks outside the hall.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Let me guess.....this numbnuts is one of the 144,000?

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit