I am looking for doctrines and teachings that cannot be probed by a Jehovah Witness using the bible alone.

by MadGiant 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

The idea that the first resurrection began in 1918.

That beards are somehow 'bad'.

That a university education is 'bad'.

That the 'heavenly calling' basically ended in 1935. Oh wait! I forgot----they got 'new light' on this one. Free Smiley Face

That an elite group of men can dictate how 6.5 million people should live their lives.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The 1935 doctrine in which I voiced to be unscriptural was one of the reasons I was invited to sit on a J/C on a charge of apostasy! well whose the apostate now?

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments.

I will be using a lot of them, thanks again.

Take care,

Ismael

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower's doctrine of a "life pattern" of an individual being "restored" to a resurrected body is NOT to be found in the Bible.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Oompa had a thread on this a few months back...he compiled a list of ways that the WT "goes beyond what is written." I believe the list had 40-50 teachings/practices.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Months/years studying Watchtower publications...

plus regular meeting attendance...

plus hours logged in field service reports...

then answering a man-made test of questions...

as requirements to become an "unbaptized publisher / approved associate" BEFORE meeting the Watchtower-made standards for Christian baptism.

In the Bible times, entire households and even thousands at a time simply accepted the "good news" in their hearts and could be baptized on the spot.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit