I am looking for doctrines and teachings that cannot be probed by a Jehovah Witness using the bible alone.

by MadGiant 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What about field service reports? While the Bible says Christians should preach the Gospel,it does not say one should report the time spent each month in the preaching work. Also the prohibition of beards.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Good luck.

In my opinion, all Christian faiths are based upon a unique interpretation of Scripture.

If they can use the Bible to defend the killing of babies (blood issue), they can use the Bible to defend ANYTHING.

-LWT

• androb31
    androb31

Gentile times = 2,520 years from the 7x in Daniel.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

My absolutely favourite one:

7 trumpet blasts in Revelation = 7 conventions of JWs in USA, Cleveland OHIO. It is in Revelation - Climax book.

Try to prove that from the Bible!

Albert

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Elections.

Albert

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Other sheep - nonanointed??? why????

Albert

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks again, I really appreciated all your comments.

Albert,

Take care,

Ismael

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Jesus became the Christ at his baptism....when Luke ch 2 says:

10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Is- not will be....then further down it says:

25 And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him. 26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. 27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to carry out for Him the custom of the Law, 28 then he took Him into his arms, and blessed God, and said,
    29 “Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace,
    According to Your word;
    30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation,
    31 Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
    32 A L IGHT OF REVELATION TO THE G ENTILES ,
    And the glory of Your people Israel.”

If Jesus was not yet the Christ that would have made God a liar, since Simeon would not have died seeing the Lord's salvation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Christmas. They take it as worshiping the sun (and the Devil). Turns out that I can prove it scriptural, using just the Bible, at Luke 2;10-14. Of course, they will twist the meanings of words to make it look like the angels were not actually celebrating Christmas when, in fact, they were.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

The 1914 doctrine needs secular sources.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit