Need Copy of Recent "Questions From Readers" About JWs Eating Fats...

by ziddina 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Sorry can't work out how to show the actual scan on here

Hopscotch

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Ziddina:

Watchtower-2008-December-15-PDF-(Entire edition, look on the last page of this edition). Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ply925 Cheers! Atlantis!-

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

ah well....the women are still a large army

Ninja your effing hilarious

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Clear enough.."Christians are not under the law" in the final paragraph..

I WAS INTERESTED IN THE PICTURE THOUGH. - I remember showing one or two dubs at the the Hall and asked what they thought the priest on the left was doing. The consensus was that he was binding the sheep for slaughter, so I let it rest.

I am still not convinced..what say you?

The paragraph talks about separating the "fatty things around the intestines" - it looks to me still that he is pulling the guts out of the animal....gruesome picture ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No fat. That means no going to eat at McDonald's. It means no potato chip snacks, candy bars that contain fat (and most of them do), meats, milk (except skim milk, which can contain up to 0.5% milkfat), fried anything, baked goods (most of them have at least a little fat added--butter, shortening, vegetable oil, etc.), or grains (most of which contain at least some fat). That means eating nothing but vegetables and fruits, most of which contain at least trace amounts of fats.

In practice, that would ban just about everything the witlesses eat. They could have coffee, as long as it was black, has added sugar (or aspartame), nonfat non-dairy creamer, or nonfat flavor only (no milk, cream, or commercial creamer except no-fat). Doughnuts and pastries of all kinds would be banned, as would pancakes (they have at least some fat in the batter, plus they are cooked in fat), waffles (they also have at least some vegetable oil plus the fat they are cooked in), eggs, and all meats. Cereal would be mostly banned, since whole grains always have at least a trace of fat, and refined grains are likely to have added fat plus the oil from the grain, at least in trace amounts.

Lunch would be pretty bare. You could have salad with no dressing (or fat-free dressing), but no croutons (they have at least a trace of fat). Meats would be banned. One can have sodas (no fat there) and certain candies (but most have at least some natural fat or added vegetable oils). Orange juice would be permitted (no fat), but milk would be banned (unless it has zero fat). Cheese also has at least a trace of fat--even soy products have their own natually present oils. You would have to make sure it's soy protein isolate or textured protein (which contains the business end of monosodium glutamate). For sure, those Big Macs would have to go, along with the potato chips and candy bars containing chocolate or peanuts.

TV dinners, so common on boasting session nights, all contain appreciable amounts of fat (even diet ones contain something like 2 or 3 grams of fat). (Along with more than enough monosodium glutamate to ruin your brain.) You could not order a pizza--once I tried an experiment to see if I could make a pizza with zero fat, and I couldn't get it down to zero (there was a few grams in the flour, whole wheat at that, plus a trace in the tomato sauce and a trace in the no-fat cheese). Such a pizza would not appeal to most people anyways. And neither would a supper that has zero fat.

Besides being practically impossible to create a zero fat diet, it would be impossible to live on one. You would be miserable, you would not be able to absorb certain vitamins, and your immune system would take a hit. You also need fats to keep your skin in good condition, and to form the base of many tissues. Even during the low-fat craze of the 1990s, they were only looking to reduce sharply the amount of fat, at worst to 10% of your calories. Thus, if the witlesses ever do totally ban all fats, they are not going to have much longer before they all die off or go unfaithful.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hm. Well, thanks to all for your assitance. None of those articles match the one I read - I'm really kicking myself now for not looking more closely at the issue. It was a 'real' Watchtower, as I've marked the "Witchtower" website as a favorite and have been reading his versions - hilarious!!

Did anyone happen to check the January 2009, February 2009, March 2009, and April 2009 Watchtowers?? How many different issues are being printed monthly, now?? Just the two?? Non-JW {{'worldly'}}, and JW versions??

WTWizard - EXACTLY!!! If I do ever find that blasted 'QFR', I'll post it alongside the December 2008 that says Witnesses CAN eat fats - wouldn't be the first time the WTBTS flip-flopped on an issue.... Or ENDANGERED their R&F members' lives with IDIOTIC EDICTS!!

Again, to EVERYone for your help!! Zid

• middleman
    middleman

Thanks Atlantis........

• booby
    booby

oops@

• booby
    booby

bluesbrother --- Tying the legs with a rope. It is a gross picture though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit