Need Copy of Recent "Questions From Readers" About JWs Eating Fats...

by ziddina 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Could someone please help me? When I attended a support-group meeting in February [2009], someone in the group brought a WTBTS magazine with a very odd "Questions From Readers" on the back. [May have been the JW version of Feb. 2009 Watchtower??]

The "Questions From Readers" was something to the effect of "Are Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed to Eat Fats?" and the response was "NO!" - in effect, no animal fats and no vegetable fats either.

It may have been a 2008 issue?? It may have been January, or February, or March, or April 2009 Watchtower??? Did this "QFR" catch anyone else's eye? If so, could you provide me with a scan? [I still can't believe it...]

Thanks! Zid

• undercover
    undercover
    Are Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed to Eat Fats?" and the response was "NO!" - in effect, no animal fats and no vegetable fats either.

Um...I don't think so.

They get enough flack for banning blood. If they tried to dictate dietary restrictions, it would be all over this site and every other ex-member site.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Maybe this was an article in the "Witchtower" magazine.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't have it in front of me, but I recall the answer being that the Mosaic dietary restrictions on fat did NOT apply to JWs.

And the stockholders of Dunkin Donuts and Tim Hortons across the land heaved a giant sigh of relief...

• minimus
    minimus

No fat=no JWs.

• VIII
    VIII

My Mom would have lost 30 lbs. in the last few months. And, she would have e-mailed me and told me how bad they were according to The Society.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm pretty certain that was a Witchtower article. Check processor's posts: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/29817/started/1

• ninja
    ninja

ah well....the women are still a large army

• ziddina
    ziddina

Seriously, guys, I read it with my own eyes. Wish I'd grabbed it and made a copy of it right then and there - had no idea it would be this difficult to find again! The guy who brought it to the support group (not a JW) borrowed it or swiped it from his JW wife - I've tried asking him for it, but he's got too much on his mind to look for that minor "QFR" right now.

Just out of curiosity, WHERE do "Questions From Readers" usually appear?? Thanks! Zid

• Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit