Anyone been caught for drink driving?

by Cordelia 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

just wondered!

• undercover
    undercover

I assume you mean drinking and driving as in booze or beer?

Nope...never been caught

• blondie
    blondie

While I have had one drink and driven hours later, I have never driven while over the legal level. We have one of us be the designated driver. In my opinion the challenge is not to be drunk while driving, not to avoid a ticket.

Blondie

• chickpea
    chickpea

what the US calls drunk driving,
    other english speaking nations
    call drink driving....

i agree with blondie that the discussion
    needs to be about elimination of driving
    under the influence, not gambling with the
    lives of other people by attempting to escape
    deserved sanctions for breaking a common
    sense law intended to reduce the staggering
    death toll linked to drunk driving, one of the
    most oft repeated violent crimes in the US.....

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I abhor anyone who drives while intoxicated. It's always the drunken idiot who walks away from the accident...not the innocent party. It ruins anothers life and for what?

This is a hot topic for me. If you drive drunk, or buzzed or whatever you want to call it...I hope you get caught and the book thrown at you.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Please don't take that as an insult to you. You only asked a question...my answer is no. I don't drink, therefore I am not drunk.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Well, this is a loaded question for me. I have gotten caught, I got in alot of trouble, and paid the price. Luckily, I did not kill someone else or myself.

I took classes, and it helped me realize that if alchohol causes me problems, its time to rethink about alchohol in itself, and am I the person that can have self control? I am not sure. I hardly drink now, no desire like when I was younger, but I like to have a good time. I used to binge drink with my girlfriends. In fact, we planned our getting together around wine & beer & bakini martini's.

After I got in trouble, I needed to realize somethings about myself, my life in general. Admittance helped in the "feeling sorry for yourself" (I was so pissed at myself) and being able to learn from it and move on.

Dont drink and drive, the time will come when you get caught, the rules are even stricter now. As of 1/1/09, 1st time DUI sentence is breath-a-lizer device attached to your car before you can turn it on (my case was before this new rule, I got to keep my license)...

Then you need to go to a Victom Impact Unit (volunteers from AIM are there), the people who speak have loved ones that were killed by a drunk driver, its heart breaking, as it should be.

Nikki

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Been pulled over, but wasn't drunk. Made the mistake of telling the cop I had a drink a few hours before. Had to take the roadside sobriety tests. Didn't do well on couple of them because I was nervous. Took the breathalyzer, came up all zeroes.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I hit a guy on a bicycle once, and even though he was 100% wrong, that started ne to thinking that if I had just one drink in my system, I might have been toast.

Since that day, even one drink is out of the question.

Warlock

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't want people on the road that has been drinking.

I am happy for the heightened awareness re: the dangers of drinking and driving.

Getting "caught" in some cases surely has saved lives.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit