I would like know how you first found this site, and what was your first experience on here like?

by BonaFide 35 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks everyone for telling me. Seems like a lot of you didnt know that this site existed until you accidently found it.

I wish it was the first site that popped up on Google.

BF

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

I found this site by accident when I was looking on the Net for ways Witnesses might be able to contribute to Katrina victims. This led me to JWD where, like many have stated, I felt guilt and fear in looking at the threads. However, at the time, I was ripe for Questioning as my older age and painful past JW experiences were starting to affect me both mentally and emotionally. At the time I felt I was alone in all this only to find out through JWD that I was not alone and I was shocked to find so many who have been hurt so badly by the JW-cult like world. Yes, I, like most, was in total denial.

I lurked for years and in the process used the postings to heal. I read CofC and that, my friends, was the key turning point...that and the hypocricy of the WBS$ joining the UN as an NGO (I'll never forget going to the Book Study not all that long ago and covering the section on the UN as the Wild Beast, with the conductor and those in attendance spewing the Party Line all the while knowing that this site was in major discussion and revealing mode about the UN scandal. I thought to myself, "what a fool" the GB must think I am. I left the BS betrayed, angry and sick.)

Today, I remain undercover, going to meetings and keeping up Token Service for the sake of my "in deep" JW wife. I want to keep peace, so I must keep my involvement in JWD secret from her. I now am IN to live a life within the Org as an open non-conformist to send the message to the WBT$ that, not only do they not have my mind, they have someone IN who works within to prevent people from get sucked in. It's my way of saying "go pound sand!"

Not sure how long this can last before I am found out, as I am sure that the Org will be or is now very actively seeking ways to find out (in whatever non-devious or devious way they can) who is loyal to the Org and who is not. I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get there. Meanwhile, I am enjoying this rebellious ride that I am now on and I appreciate all the years of good thought-provoking help this forum has provide me and the world. The GB must be running very scared about all this and I think their glory days are numbered.

(BTW: I do believe in God and that he has a purpose for mankind, just NOT through the WBT$!)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hiding Q... It must be so hard for you to sit & listen to them
    now you know its not the way to GOD!!
    So happy to hear you still pray Hope you know that Jesus is who
    we were ordered( BY GOD) to listen to HIS son.

You must truly LOVE your wife ,You are to be commended for showing
    TRUE LOVE!!!! May the LORD continue to have peace with HER!!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I agree with Mouthy, hello and welcome Hiding Questioner!

I do not know HOW you managed to sit quietly through that study on the "Wild Beast" U.N.!

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

It seems so many on here were nervous when they first came on here. And we all thought that we were the only ones with doubts and problems in our congregations. What an eye-opener. This site has helped me tremendously, I feel like a different person since I first came on here as a Witness with anxieties and stresses.

Actually, I should say I feel like I am a real person now.

BF

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

My husband and I were upset with how things were going on in our hall...hypocrisy, emphasis in climbling higher in the org. to recieve titles and so forth, so we stopped going for months. I decided to type in jw and see if anyone else felt like us. When I got on this site, I couldn't believe it. It is actually comforting to know that others feel the same way we do on certain issues and we no longer feel guilty for not going back to the hall. Its nice to know their are 'others' out there like us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit