Elder says that there're apostates who are organized in Spain

by cattails 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cattails
    cattails

An Elder said that there are apostates organized in Spain to make the sale of the Spanish branch money go to the congregations that provided the funds.

He has photos of the place from an email and had heard this from a Circuit Overseer who just visited there. Has anyone heard confirmation of this?

http://www.naturesongs.com/vvplants/cattail1t.jpg

• cattails
    cattails

I guess not... Nobody, heard much.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Those evil apostates are spoiling a good scam:

1) Watchtower promises to build a new facility in YOUR home country!

2) All YOU have to do is come up with all the money.

3) Faciltiy is built

4) Facility is sold and money goes to Brooklyn

5) Move on to next country

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome, to the forum, cattails. !

Wish someone had more information. JWs have been taught [or browbeaten into] absolute submission, but perhaps this is the tipping point. How long a group of people can tolerate abuse may be variable, yet eventually there will be a revolution, whatever the parameters of a revolt happen to become.

CoCo

• cattails
    cattails

Thanks for your replies ML and Coco.

I'll try to get more info, by asking so what came out of that thing that was happening in Spain... but I have to play it cool and not seem too interested if you know what I mean. I'd figured someone here would probably know something too maybe.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

An Elder said that there are apostates organized in Spain to make the sale of the Spanish branch money go to the congregations that provided the funds.

If they are doing that then it is common sense. How will the congregations survive during the recession if the money goes to the WTS. BTW welcome and thanks for sharing this news

• blondie
    blondie

I thought they were just shutting down the printing operation, not selling the branch. Didn't the WTS shut down the printing facilities in France and transfer the printing operations to UK?

Once you donate money to a non-profit organization it does not assign ownership to the one donating, at least not in the US. When sold the proceeds go to the parent non-profit corporation, the WTS.

Blondie

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Why is that apostate?

They came up with the money to build it, why shouldn't they profit from it's sale?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

*sticky note*

• blondie
    blondie

As to profit, what matters are the legal aspects connected to such donations based on the country this occurs in. I can donate money to the Salvation Army but that doesn't give me a share in the profits if it should sell off property.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit