Did Crisis of Conscience damage you?

by Mulan 42 Replies latest jw friends

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Look back and being 10 years removed from the WT I can say the book is very helpfull. The book is an insiders view of all the hypocracy, contratictions, gross inconsistancies and other dialetical tentions that is involved in the WT. It's eye opening to say the least.

But for some who put all their marbles...all the chips on the the WT it may have been an overwhelming blow. Look I just posted a survey on the "personal experience" folder and the early results are telling me that most who leave are burned out on the notion of religion.

1. I know that those who leave the JW's because of the Ray Franz's book and land in some born again evangelical circle (baptist, presbyterian...) they will see Rey's book CC a provedential God send.

2. I know those who leave JW's because of Ray's book they don't go to another group or church that uses the bible and they cheer Ray's book because that is the gateway for those agnostic or athiest to do what ever the hell they want. The haisty generalisation being "well if the WT isn't true or God's organisation than nothing is true" lets party.

3. I know of those who where religious and bet it all on the WT. When Ray's book came out it nearly killed them.

by the grace of God and not my doing I landed in the 1st catagory.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

When I first read it, I was relieved of years of tremdous guilt. My guilt was not some secret sin, I was free from the guilt of not doing enough. I use to go to meetings and sit there thinking I'm going to die at Armageddon because I don't get double-digits in field service, and I miss too many meetings, and I don't have any bible studies, and blah, blah, blah. No matter how hard I tried, I always walked away from a meeting thinking about what a spiritual loser I am.

Reading CofC took that feeling away. Sure I was confused as to which way to go, I was born and raised into the borg, it's a scary feeling, but reading ISofCF helped me to realize that I do not have to belong to any organization for salvation.

My only trouble right now is trying to pretend that I am still a dub, so as to not lose my family.

I am eternally grateful to Ray Franz for helping me to remove my blinders.

• VM44
    VM44

I have just recently sent to Commentary Press my order for the 4th edition of CoC.

It will be interesting to read the updates from the earlier editions.

BTW, Raymond Victor Franz is about 84 years old now.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit