FYI Here's p. 1 - Article 2 of 2003 Amended & Restated WT of PA Charter-GB still has liability

by AndersonsInfo 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I can't quite remember where in the bible it states that the true Christian followers should set up a corporation with the sole

purposes to sell the gospel and to for the spiritual overseers to live off the proceeds from those sales.

Added too where it states to also proselytized specific select dates or years of coming events.

Perhaps I just need to reread my bible again, I must've missed those scriptures.

But Ted Jancz said that the society doesn't go beyond what is written in the bible.....ummmm who to believe.

Wasn't lying for the organization described as an act of spiritual warfare and therefore approved by the organization.

I guess thats what he was doing.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

It makes sense that they would cover themselves somewhere and give the GB legitimacy. This is very valuable and something that may be very useful in court.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

It would be interesting to see the "seventh" item of the new charter. If memory serves, as of 1989, that paragraph "...for public Christian worship of Almighty God and Christ Jesus ...

A copy of that 1945 charter is still available for download at JWfacts.com.

http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/worshipjesus.htm

Len

• whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay

ACT AS A SERVANT OR LEGAL ENITITY FOR THE RELIGIOUS BODY OF A CHRISTIAN PERSONS KNOWN AS JEHOVAHS WITNESSES

So if a Jehovah Witness person who sufferred from natural or man made disasters and in other times needs would have the right to SUE the crap out of the Corporation under the obligation set forth in the Charter to provide humanitary assistance!

A breach of promise would be broken if they did not fullfill their obligation with a person known as a Jehovahs Witness.

Yeah spread the word and start your law suits! Now a large class action can be done. Wow this could be their down fall.

Thanks

• Gladring
    Gladring

I can't see either of those links?

• cattails
    cattails

No see nuthin' :-(

• sir82
    sir82

I think the point is that according the charter, "the Governing Body" still has a legal link the WT of PA corporation, despite the intention in 2000 to separate them from all legal corporations.

I am certainly no lawyer...is the phrase "in accordance with the spirtiual direction" sufficiently vague that it gets them off the hook? What exactly, in a legal sense, is "spiritual direction"?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I'm going to ask Atlantis why some people can view the page under discussion and others can't and see if he can help us out.

• Atlantis
  • cattails
    cattails

This last post has a scan that I can see. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit