Elder giving special talk has lunch with us...shuts me down for asking about society money..lol?

by Witness 007 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We had a nice lunch with the Elder giving the "special talk" but the conversation turned toward the cancelled bookstudy....well I went on to explain how Knorr made too many meetings for brothers with families and how good it was to have a free night {even though I go to one meeting a week} then I said: "Well, headquarters seems to have a very buisness smart brother working there with the publications now for donations due to tax and selling all those buildings in the heart of New York for Millions and moving out....{Elder interupts me] "YES, BUT, Jehovah is the one who is buisness smart brother..." I thought WTF! It was a conversation stopper, as I think he got offended even though I did not mention anything contraversial!

Weird response, like was it too un-spiritual? Did Jehoover really "tell" brothers to sell in New York? How friggin lame, I have no response to such a lame ass comment....wierd talk too...sleepy from too much food!

• carla
    carla

I believe most jw's equate the gb=God or I should say jah so what the elder said makes sense in his poor delusional mind.

• still_in74
    still_in74

your comments, though true, support a "fleshly view" of the WTS. That is 'dangerous, to the org. JW's must always view all actions of the WTS as spiritually motivated and in harmony with Jehovahs 'arrangement'.

You need to always give credit to Jehovah or someone in the room will inevitabley interupt and do it for you.

PLUS - you talked about things that most JW's dont, the fact that you mentioned Knorr, taxes, and selling buildings all in the same sentence was a pretty good indication that you have been on the internet. I tend to put a little more space between those comments if you know what I mean...

Ballsy though.... I'll give you that!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd rather have my teeth pulled out through my ass than sit and watch some Watch Tower Witness elder eat.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

So find an investment that the GB did that lost money. Then ask if Jehovah is only smart part of the time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This guy had his "apostalert" on. He knew you would take it where no JW should go. He stopped you.

To him it was too un-spiritual to suggest that it is run like a business and decisions are based on money.

Answer to: "YES, BUT, Jehovah is the one who is buisness smart brother..."

"Well, Jehovah missed the peak in the market. Imagine what He could have done 5 to 7 years ago if He started selling buildings then."
    "....and Jehovah is selling Kingdom Halls here and there now. He must be short on cash because experts would say this is a rough time to sell and Jehovah should hold on to these assets until the market swings back up years from now."

• Gayle
    Gayle

And 'business smart Jehovah' has quite a large attorney group for many reasons (lawsuits) !!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Stuart Douglas, Cong Co-ordinator in our old congregation, told me that when the Governing Body speaks it's actually Jehovah speaking. Stuart's a great guy, but that's a seriously deluded mindset to be in.

Stuart, if you're reading this, gimme a call and we can have a chat about it.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I agree passwordprotected...that is a delusional and SCARY (dangerous) mindset to be in.

That is why I now unabashedly refer to the WTS as a cult. I avoided using it for a while, and used terms like "cult-like" and "cultish".

No sense pussy footin' around.

When a group of men hold that much power over some individuals because it is believed they are the spokesmen for a powerful invisible entity...it can only lead to trouble.

The Oracle

• ziddina
    ziddina

OnTheWayOut said, ""Well, Jehovah missed the peak in the market. Imagine what He could have done 5 to 7 years ago if He started selling buildings then."
    "....and Jehovah is selling Kingdom Halls here and there now. He must be short on cash because experts would say this is a rough time to sell and Jehovah should hold on to these assets until the market swings back up years from now."

Man! [wipes tears from eyes from laughing too hard...] I wish I had your brain!! SNAPPY comebacks, man!! Zid

junk mail

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit