After almost 18 years out, I faced my demon.

by juni 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock
    There's no way I'd set foot in a kingdom hall!!

They wouldn't let you in.

Warlock

• Warlock
    Warlock

Juni, juni, juni......................isn't it nice to be able to go in, say "hi", and leave, without any guilt? To be able to go IF you want, WHEN you want, without regard to any "requirements"?

The only difference between your feelings and mine, is that I don't feel sorry for them. If they are happy there, then so be it.

I'm also happy to see you back here.

Please stay for a while, but when you leave, IF you leave, take "deb" with you.

Warlock

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wobble - when you do go to your Moth's funeral ( may she live LONG and happily) I hope the elduhs don't do what happened at a friend's - he followed the Awake of this summer "Nobody should be forced to worship in a way he does not believe or be forced to choose between religion and family."

They were all at the graveside - As he walked to the grave, the elduhs and wives (and others) looked through him and turned their backs! At a time like this too! Non- believers attending were shocked.

Fortunately there were "multitudes inoculated against the faith that day."

HB

• juni
    juni

Just got back to this thread now as I've been busy on life's highway... Thank you all for your words and a special "hi" to Nikki, Baba girl, Shell, Warlock, and Bronze. I pop in at the forum occasionally, but I don't stay long. Peace to all of you. Juni

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Glad that you were able to face that demon down. Coincidentally this past Sunday I had to get my daughter's schoolbagn from my ex-wife. She asked me to park a block away from the Hall. I actually complied because I still fear confronting all of my old friends. I am disassociated so they won't talk with me. What I really don't want to face is their rejection. Maybe one day I'll bite the bullet and show up, maybe to pick up my daughter. The most I have done is to sit outside in my car and wait for her. Its funny how elders I worked with came out the last time I did that. I overheard them speculating on why I was there and wondering what I was going to do. It took all my willpower to remember that I had every right to be out there and not just start the car and circle the block.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit