Our Paradise Lost

by MidwichCuckoo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Midwich,

Could you PM me the details,content and reply address please? Only if it is not too much effort.

I find having a go at these JW Apologists is quite therapeutic!

Love

Wobble

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Done it Wobble

• donny
    donny

Send it to me as well.

Thanks

• d.boon
    d.boon

that's a first, people asking for spam!

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

I received the e-mail and couldn't help but notice how well it was written, spelling, grammar, punctuation seemed pretty good. The structure of words in a customary arrangement in phrases and sentences were well thought out and very much sounding like a future Watchtower study lesson. The actual e-mail is posted below, and while you read it it is as though you are reading the Watchtower. The content of this e-mail centers around the six screens conference call last Saturday night May 9 when we were happy to have Awakened at Gilead as our guest. Pardise Lost was shocked that I called Awakened at Gilead "brother". I being a Christian and Awakened not a Christian concerned Paradise Lost and he thought I should not have used the word "brother" addressing him. I used the word "brother" in the sense that even though we are not spiritually united we can be "brothers" in exposing the Watchtower.I feel the Watchtower Org. is trying to reach former Witnesses and are using fictitious names assumed for disguise or deception. It is obvious that the Organization would resort to this sinister method of reaching many people who have left the Watchtower org. They now have more people leaving then coming in and they will do anything to get some of those who have left back.

Have you found that after giving so much of your life to what you believed to be true you have now come to be disillusioned and disappointed? Perhaps you are trying to heal from the emotional harm which you have experienced. Is everything you now believe really what it seems to be? Or are you simply being misguided by your own heart and perhaps those who have an agenda?

Perhaps at one time you were happily associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses. Have you lost trust in the organization behind the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses? How though can we trust what others say when those individuals might very well have an axe to grind? At times when we are questioning our own beliefs it is easy to be persuaded by such individuals.

You may be offered a comforting pat on the shoulder by those who would do you harm. Persuasive words are not anything new. Surely you already know without my reminding you that this entire world became the mess that it clearly is today though the use of cunning and persuasive words.

Throughout human history as recorded in God’s word The Holy Bible men who have been set in position of authority have proven unable to fully please God well. How often did Israel of old fail to please God and yet he used them even in their state of human imperfection.

I have of late questioned much of what The Watchtower has done, especially in things such as the understanding of the 1914 generation and the issue of the Remnant of Christ’s Disciples on earth. Yet I find that to doubt the commitment to serving Jehovah by the Governing Body out of a sincere intent has no rational basis.

To refer to them as no more than a publishing company who is in business simply to make profit is to make a poor assessment of the situation. Are there issues of control that can be pointed to in order to make a point? Yes there is a strong degree of control. But can such an organization exist in these days remaining for this corrupt world without a considerable degree of control?

In order to answer that question, simply look at some of the churches of Christendom. How many religious organizations have been taken over by radical far left wing homosexual sympathizing individuals in the name of politically correct diversity? Do you as a Christian condone what the bible condemns in the name of diversity and personal religious expression?

If you believe that is a reflection of true Christianity than may your God bless you, but know that such blessing is not from the source of all wisdom and knowledge, Jehovah. Yes friends, in this world of complete moral breakdown is it possible that a strong degree, yes even an unpleasant dose of control within an organizational structure is required in order to protect what belongs to Jehovah, lest it be devoured by a raging dark beast.

Would Satan use those who make themselves available, even unbeknownst to themselves in order to drag down with him all that he is able as he knows his time is indeed short? The answer is self evident. So how might we recognize such individuals in order protect ourselves from being lead astray?

What if you were to hear someone who at one time served as a missionary of Jehovah’s Witnesses state that he no longer believed in the existence of God or of Jesus Christ and stated on record that The Holy Bible is nothing more than a book of mythology, of fanciful stories.

Surly as a true Christian you would attempt to bring that individual back to the right way of thinking. If he were unwilling to do so you would simply leave him with a word of encouragement and perhaps pray for Holy Spirit to touch and guide the heart of that individual.

But would you, knowing that such individual openly rejects the words of the bible which you are desperately trying to fully grasp and apply in your life in order to please God, openly declare that you are all brothers?

Well friends that is precisely what Rick Fearon has done on his bi-monthly conference call. In his impassioned zeal to cast a critical light on the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses old Rick wants to be a “brother,” his own words, with an individual who views Jehovah God, the grand creator of the universe and his son Jesus Christ in whose name all people must gain salvation as fairly tales.

What then does God’s word say about this important matter? “Don’t be teamed with those who do not love the Lord, for what do the people of God have in common with the people of sin? How can light live with darkness? And what harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn’t believe?” (2 Corinthians 6: 14; 15.)

Is someone who is yoked with a non believer, and I mean a non believer in Christ, not a non believer in The Watchtower to be given any due consideration? No!

If in fact some have been hurt by past issues is it not proper to direct those matters to local elders who are always willing to sit and discuss such specific issues with those individuals.

If you are still one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and are uncertain as to why the organization takes a certain course is it not your responsibility to bring those concerns to elders whose responsibility it is to answer those concerns from ones in the Christian Congregation who might be wavering in faith.

Contrary to what you might believe the elders have been instructed to take a more compassionate approach to individual issues than they might at one time have taken. There are those who have professed that once a person does certain things or has been dis-fellowshipped there is no going back. That is in no way true.

If in fact you have no desire to return I respect you opinion and wish you well. We each must make our own choices in life. Remember though that choices made in hast are often choices regretted latter. If you were one who was hurt by things in the past always remember that love, true love is the greatest of the fruitages of the spirit.

Regards:

Paradise Lost

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit