Oh My!! Another Kingdom Hall Will Soon Bite The Dust.

by bronzefist 10 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

So, they just finished an over-priced un-needed remodel at one KH in "Beer Town" Wi. Ordered by the building committee said the elder "formerly known as" the PO (COBOE now). Low and behold unknown to 99% of the rank and file the KH which also contains the living quarters of the CO is on the selling market. One of the congregations there will move into the newly remodeled hall. That will make three congregations meeting there.

Where oh where will the Co and Cow be put up? In private homes? Maybe....unless the Co demise rumor is not such a rumor after all. Only time will tell.

brzfst

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

They used to stay with the brothers when I was a kid in the 70's.

• wobble
    wobble

Yes, we had a great old guy as CO here in the U.K called Albert Broad,who stayed with my wife and I ,back in the seventies,as long as there was plenty of "Bulldog Ale" ,his favourite beer,in the fridge,and cartoons on the TV, Albert was happy!

Perhaps there will be a return to those arrangements,no cost to the WBT$,just the drone-Dubs.

Love

Wobble

• blondie
    blondie

Some had travel trailers that they pulled along sometimes KHs had spaces for them to hook up to and they traveled around to congregations within 30 to 40 miles away.

I also remember then staying in homes of the more affluent families.

It was not always a treat for them though.

Blondie

PS I think it is a tax issue having the CO and DO apartments.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    as long as there was plenty of "Bulldog Ale" ,his favourite beer,in the fridge,and cartoons on the TV, Albert was happy!

Hey, that means I could eventually become a CO.

Actually, I don't need the cartoons, so that qualifies for DO.

Warlock

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The sad part of stories like this- the local rank and file pay the cost of buying the land, building the property.
    They shell out extra to house the C.O. and are glad to do it. Then decisions by others are made to yank it out of their hands.

They will have to start traveling further to a different hall after all that money and energy devoted to the one that was easier to sell.
    And someone will have to volunteer to house the C.O. each and every week that he could have had an apartment to work from.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

What stands out for me about this whole situation are the details kept secret. At the time of the. "Hey now everyone raise your hands to approve of the remodel plan!" nothing was said about incorporating another congregation. As of yesterday only a handful know of this.

Seems like one of the reasons for ending the book study arrangement was so changes like this could be made. Days were freed up during the week so congregations could merge into existing buildings. Just my two cents.

brzfst

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good. I hope this makes it more difficult for people to attend the boasting sessions or easier for people to confuse the hounders as to which congregation has the duty to hound them. And I hope it makes the hounder-hounder have to settle for accomodations that are less than acceptable, while others simply refuse to host the hounder-hounder.

And yes, if I ever get pushed to host the hounder-hounder or hounder-hounder-hounder, it will be on MY terms. That means no Kingdumb maladies will be played in my place, I get to play whatever music I want (even if it's Christmas music or rap), my computer gets put on whatever web sites I choose to visit, Christmas decorations stay up, I am not to get dragged to a boasting session, if they bring in any of the hounders I play whatever music I know they hate, my Ouija board stays (and comes out the instant he hounds me about anything), I keep my literature from the "secret" society in plain sight (and my copy of Crisis of Conscience and The God Virus), and Satan gets mentioned as having tried to liberate mankind from God's tyranny. If the hounder-hounder doesn't like it, tough.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret
    They used to stay with the brothers when I was a kid in the 70's.

They still do that in Ireland. And the r&f have to pay for his car and travel expenses between the various congs.

Some COs were lovely and very appreciative of the efforts put in on their behalf. Others were ignorant with a real sense of entitlement and inflated ego.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Good. I hope this makes it more difficult for people to attend the boasting sessions or easier for people to confuse the hounders as to which congregation has the duty to hound them. And I hope it makes the hounder-hounder have to settle for accomodations that are less than acceptable, while others simply refuse to host the hounder-hounder.

I appreciate comments like WTW made. While I reflect on the sad treatment of the lower members, I try to also remember that this kind of stuff puts burdens on members and helps wake them up, or at least makes being a dub more and more miserable. Good thoughts, WTW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit