song 218 is interesting.

Ssbsong218WithChristinParadise***

3. These other sheep who win the prize

Will be with Christ in Paradise.

These now have come to understand

God’s wonders O so grand,

From his own gracious hand!

Good news they’ll preach in all the earth

And fill men’s hearts with joy and mirth.

This is the course that’s truly wise;

Thus, life they’ll realize,

With Christ, in Paradise.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

In what way? (I threw out 2 song books yesterday).

• booby
    booby

other sheep in paradise with jesus.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

So Christ will be on earth?

• booby
    booby

they make it confusing don't they? and after 35 years in I thought I knew what they taught and believed. Oh well..

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Just realised (tx booby) the lyrics were on the CD-ROM and the closest I found to an adress to Jesus was # 11, "The Shulammite Remnant" (too bad the tune came to my mind as well):

And how does the fair one, so firm as a wall,
    Reply to her Lord, as a model for all?

‘Exclusive devotion is not up for hire,
    Since blazings of love are like blazings of fire.
    Unyielding as Sheol all true love will be.
    Like flame of Jehovah is your love for me.’

(Aint that hot?)

Seems like the bride is mostly after the father-in-law these days...

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Mindmelda, what happened to that brother over time? Did he get kicked out?

No I think he's still hanging in there, but he's quite elderly and in poor health.

That being said, I really do think there are some sincere JWs who still read the Bible for themselves, as it used to be more encouraged and who don't let much get to them. I notice that they tend to clash with elders somewhat, like this brother did. He openly challenged some of the things that went on until they asked him to step down as an elder.

I was associated for years with two or three congregations that were highly dsyfunctional. I don't know if they all are, or most, but all the ones I was associated with over the years had constant power struggles among the elders going on all the time. And among the sisters, too, in other ways. Very bitchy behavior at times was really common, with the pioneer sisters in particular. They acted the way people typically act when they feel privileged.

I don't judge people for what religion they're in anymore, I don't judge them at all, I hope. But, I do think some Witnesses manage to have some sort of genuine faith in God in spite of how discouraging the WTS about individual faith and robotic dependence on the GB's every thought. Lots of those end up getting out of it eventually, or feel perpetually criticized, though, if they don't.

• middleman
    middleman

possible-san, now go back to your cage...........play time is over!!! While you're at it...no more flingy poo poo...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit