Elimination of Jesus from Song Book?

by twinkletoes 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• possible-san
    possible-san

Mr. passwordprotected.

I do not say you the same thing.
    Please look at my comment in the following thread.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/174192/3/Jehovah-created-Jesus-Jesus-is-a-god-and-mighty-god-Consider-these

possible

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ possible;

Actually, I will address this;

Only when you attack the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, what you say "Jehovah is only the Father" is not allowed.

If you go back and read what I posted you'll notice I actually say;

Removing honour from Jesus actually removes honour from the Father, whom JWs believe to be Jehovah.

The operative phrase is "whom JWs believe to be Jehovah". As I am not a JW, I am not stating that this is what I believe.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Mr. passwordprotected.

I said,
    "Only when you attack the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, what you say "Jehovah is only the Father" is not allowed."

Although I understand some things which you want to say, my view is as above-mentioned.

According to your own belief (Jesus IS Jehovah), I think that you should just think, the divine name "Jehovah" whom Jehovah's Witnesses use is transposed to "Jesus."

possible

• StAnn
    StAnn

Possible, password protected is a devout christian who has suffered much for the privilege. Please do not call him stupid. In our culture, that is a very negative thing.

St. Ann

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ possible;

I said,
    "Only when you attack the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, what you say "Jehovah is only the Father" is not allowed."

Is language an issue here again? I am not saying Jehovah is the Father. I am saying this is the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It hasn't been totally eliminated, but it has been greatly reduced. The early songs had more Jesus songs than Jehovah songs. The 1984 release, the latest I am aware of, has many more Jehovah songs and quite few Jesus ones. But, the "Kiss the Son Lest God be Angry" song is one of the Jesus songs left (and that is so poorly written, like all the Kingdumb Maladies, that it isn't worth listening to).

• possible-san
    possible-san

Ms. StAnn.

Please do not call him stupid.

I have not said that he is stupid.

I said,
    "I feel that your explanation looks stupid."

(1) I feel...
    (2) explanation
    (3) looks...

If we apply your advice, it will become impossible for us to express our own opinions/feelings.
    (In the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, it was impossible indeed.)

But I appreciate your advice.

possible

• possible-san
    possible-san

Mr. passwordprotected.

Is language an issue here again?

This is only the problem that your reply was earlier than my post.

possible

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I think they're so scared silly of the Trinity that they try not to think of Jesus too much except at the Memorial,which suddenly becomes all about him.

I remember an older brother who professed to be of the annointed always talked more about Jesus being his savior and lord, and it made some of the elders uncomfortable!

He always spoke of Christ as "My Lord" and I'd see the elders sort of squirm at that. No doubt because of the gradual diminishing of Jesus in importance in Witness dogma.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    I think they're so scared silly of the Trinity that they try not to think of Jesus too much...

I agree.

...except at the Memorial,which suddenly becomes all about him.

Not really. It's all about the GB anointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit