It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, SOME TO BE EVANGELISTS!

by Chalam 41 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And some to be apostates.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Perry,

I just ran into these verses and thought it would help with Re generation by the HOLY SPIRIT is essential for personal salvation.

Titus 3:4-5 (New International Version)

4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit

Hope you are well.

All the best,

Stephen

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

And this schizoid god even did the bidding of false prophets, sometimes.

Deuteronomy 13:1-2

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

• Perry
    Perry

Nice find Chalam.

It appears to me that the blood of Jesus in the contract of the New Covenant is requisite for the forgiveness of sins (as also is confession of Jesus as exclusive Mediator/Savior), which in turn is a prerequisite for the regeneration of the Holy Spirit. This is clarified in the next verse.

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
    5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
    6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; (bold and italics mine).

[through]

diav dia, dee-ah'; a primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through (in very wide applications, local, causal, or occasional):--after, always, among, at, to avoid, because of (that), briefly, by, for (cause) ... fore, from, in, by occasion of, of, by reason of, for sake, that, thereby, therefore, Ă— though, through(-out), to, wherefore, with (-in). In composition it retains the same general importance

This order seems to be further clarified by Col. 1:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: - Majority Text KJV

I never saw the Holy Spirit connected to Salvation before without Jesus mentioned like the way he worded it. I guess that's what through up a red flag in my mind.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: - Majority Text KJV

That's the same premise of all primitive religions that required human sacrifice.

Even in OT this god jehover required human sacrifice when no animals were available.

Lucky for Issac that his father found a wild animal just in time!

• Perry
    Perry
    That's the same premise of all primitive religions that required human sacrifice.

Satan is an amazing mimmick of God isn't he?

Lucky for Issac that his father found a wild animal just in time!

There is only one scene in history by which this one is surpassed; that being where the Great Father gave His Isaac to a death from which there was no deliverance.

Gen. 22:

And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Were these people baptized?

BTS

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi BTS,

I expect so at some point. Is baptism necessary for salvation? I expect not but it is a command as is a public profession of one's faith. Someone gets saved and then is run over by a bus the next day. Do you think Jesus will be requiring baptism to enter the pearly gates?

Hi Perry,

These just came to mind, being sealed with the Holy Spirit is our guarantee of salvation

Ephesians 1:13-14 (New International Version)

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 (New International Version)

21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

All the best,

Stephen

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Baptism may not be necessary for salvation, since God saves whom he will, but as for us humans, it is the normative way to be brought into the body of Christ, his Church. Christ commanded it. To do otherwise would be to disobey that very simple and direct commandment.

BTS

• Chalam
    Chalam

Agreed!

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit