It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, SOME TO BE EVANGELISTS!

by Chalam 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

40 million saved in Africa by this ministry alone I seem to remember.

There are 1 million at this meeting :)

Lagos,Reinhard Bonnke

All the best,

Stephen

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

1 million?

Wow. That's incredible.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wonder what happened to the thought that the "waters of Babylon" were drying up?

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

:-)

BTS

• Chalam
    Chalam

Christ for All Nations : The Evangelistic Ministry of Reinhard Bonnke

Mubi, Nigeria

Written by : Peter van den Berg
    11 February 2009

Looking for the Overlooked

One should call it THE MIRACLE of MUBI because it is beyond description. The largest single meeting had an attendance of 630,000 people, and that in Northern Nigeria! The Holy Spirit brought us to the place and He made us seek the lost, look for the overlooked, and as we found them, they in turn were found by Jesus. The total attendance over the five days of Gospel Crusade meetings was an astounding 2.4 million people.

We also call it the Miracle of Mubi because it happened against all odds. First, we were on the point of cancellation, due to lack of finance, when the Lord made “a way in the mighty waters.” Second, it is the most unlikely of all places in Nigeria to have seen such a glorious ‘heavenquake.’ To say this place had been overlooked, is an understatement, as even well-traveled Nigerians from other areas confessed that they had never heard of it. But Jesus had, and He led us there by His Spirit to experience an almost indescribable flood of salvation, deliverance, and healing power over the five days of meetings.

Crusade City

Because of the rural nature of the area, people traveled in from the surrounding region, many on foot, and even while our technicians were setting up the crusade equipment days before the event. They reported that thousands of people began congregating on the open field around the platform. The number grew daily until by the time the first meeting began, a multitude estimated at 50,000, were already ‘camping’ on the crusade ground forming a ‘Crusade City.’ Every evening, the ‘residents’ were joined by hundreds of thousands more who streamed to the evening Gospel meetings and for the whole week, it looked like the entire activity of the town of Mubi had been transplanted to the crusade site.

The Power of God Night after night, the harvest continued and as Daniel Kolenda preached in successive meetings, such was the drawing power of God’s word that the crowd increased in size nightly until reaching an amazing 630,000 by the weekend. A total of 1,401,837 completed decision cards were handed in and the people were ushered into the church-based follow-up system by the tens of thousands of trained counselors. Every night, people pushed toward the platform after the evangelists had prayed for the sick, and the crowd rejoiced and cheered as local people testified of their instant healings. Others lined up on the platform to report healings that had taken place one year before at the CfaN crusade in the distant city of Yola and the rejoicing of the crowd rose through the dusty air to heaven.
    Contagious Fire

In addition to the great evening Gospel meetings, delegates from around the region gathered each morning at another venue for the ‘Fire Conference.’ With 65,000 delegates, this was to be one of the biggest Fire Conferences held to date by CfaN, with the amazing difference that the other ‘big’ conferences were in major cities and this one was in a small rural setting, far from the main thrust of national life. And such was the hunger of the delegates to receive the ‘Fire,’ that the conference venue, an open field, was packed to capacity by 6 a.m. each morning, most having arrived in complete darkness. The result was that the first speaker for the day was already in full action by 7 a.m.

By the final meeting of the Fire Conference on Saturday morning, it was wonderfully obvious that thousands of these servants of the Lord had received the fire of the Holy Spirit and would return to their towns and villages with a renewed zeal to reach the lost for Jesus.

The Miracle Goes On

On the final night of the campaign, Daniel Kolenda preached the Gospel one more time and after the call to salvation, he gave a teaching on the Baptism into the Holy Spirit. Right after this, the huge crowd was invited to receive this gift personally from the Lord Jesus Himself and in the space of just a few minutes a tumultuous roar of praise went up to heaven as hundreds of thousands of voices began to praise Him in new tongues as the Holy Spirit fell.

Everywhere we turned, people were eager to tell us how the power of God had touched them, and of how they had been saved and healed, delivered and set free, many from demonic oppression and possession that had bound their families for generations. Repeatedly, we heard from church leaders that such happenings had never been seen in Mubi and we heard how they felt their time of ‘being overlooked’ was over.

Jesus has once again so vividly demonstrated his great willingness to ‘save the lost’ when we ‘seek them out,’ and the best thing of all is that with many hundreds of thousands saved and healed in this region, the miracle of Mubi will continue for decades to come as they in turn spread the Good News of the Gospel far and wide.

Supernatural Results! The faithfulness of God to provide, guide, restore, and deliver, will encourage you in whatever situation you may be in. As God’s servants, we make plans and work hard to achieve them – but then, God steps in and the results are supernatural. The Mubi Campaign was miraculous from start to finish. It happened against all odds: First we were on the point of cancellation, due to lack of finance, when the Lord made “a way in the mighty waters.” Second, largely Muslim-populated, Northern Nigeria is a most unlikely of places to have seen such a glorious ‘heavenquake!’ Unprecedented Harvest

The Gospel was proclaimed and rose triumphant! When the decision cards were counted, we discovered that 1.4 Million people received Jesus as their Savior! In all, 2.4 Million people attended (with up to 630,000 in one service) and innumerable sick and suffering received their healing. A big THANK YOU for standing with us. Your support enabled us to go and preach the Gospel to the precious people in Mubi. The magnitude of what God did in this overlooked region of Northern Nigeria is just stunning.

It moved our hearts to see the mass of people that came from near and far to hear the Word of God. Jesus loves each one of them. We read that the Jesus had a special eye for the unwanted: Zacchaeus, the Samaritan woman, the Roman soldier, and the blind beggars. He knew the best of them … and the worst. He saw the fears, felt the despair, and recognized the courage of little people. He was the supreme champion of the needy, the Savior of their souls, and the healer of their sick bodies. How similar the situation is today. JESUS IS THE SAME TODAY AND FOREVER.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    When the decision cards were counted, we discovered that 1.4 Million people received Jesus as their Savior!

Let's hope that this is a lasting conversion in the lives of these people. It is easy to say "I've converted to Christ." It is hard to live like Christ.

BTS

• Chalam
    Chalam

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Matthew 10:32 (New International Version)

32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.

1 Corinthians 12:3 (New International Version)

3 Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

I'm just happy to seem them all going to the afterlife, not the second death :)

All the best, Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yola, Nigeria

Written by : Daniel Kolenda
    19 March 2008

In the final tally, 1,403,640 people filled out decision cards documenting their decision to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.

Read More

Amen!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Humble, contrite ones have always sought the Master.

I rejoice!

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Romans 11:22 (New International Version)

Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Philippians 2:12 (New International Version)

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Matthew 7:21 (New International Version)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Cheers. We are saved through grace alone. I am happy these people choose Christ.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit