"You have a good point, but of course we still have the Truth"

by BonaFide 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wary
    wary

I have noticed the same thing Bonafide,

I only recently woke up, but in trying to get my wife to do the same, these are typical responses that I get, even though she agrees with me on many other points.

It is years of indoctrination. I think the majority of Jdubs today are born ins, children of the the pre 75 intake . That makes over 40 years of combined beleif and passed down information.

I really, didnt do much real study, just belived what my parents told me for 18 years. With that and attending three brainwashing sessions a week by the time your an adult you truly belive its the only truth

Whilst you make some excellent points Boyzone, when I was in I would have still dismissed your reasons. They really do belive they are chosen and doing the right thing.

IMO they can only wake up when they are ready, you can sow seeds of doubt but they must be inqusitive and intellegent enough to investigate further, if only to reasure themselves about their beleifs.

And thats how I and many others find out that all is not well.

wary

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

i think the line"waiting on jehovah" is ok - i mean, if they truly were searching for the truth, it would probably come gradually. However, they dont wait for new light when it comes to things that can possibly KILL people or seperate them from their families and friends!!! that is the problem.

if you dont know a particular thing 100 percent, dont risk peoples lives on it you bastards!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Q. We don't go to war
    A. Yes but we reap the benefits of those who did. Also aren't we allowed to defend ourselves if attacked? Then where do we draw the line? If our neighbour is attacked, will we defend them? If our street is attacked, will we defend? Our town? Our Country? Surely our conscience should decide.
    [... etc...]

Wow.. great post, boyzone. I'll have to save that.

- Lime

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where else to go? I, for one, have found one "secret" society that does a much better job at teaching the truth about the Bible than any religion (and they don't even claim to be religious). They simply laid down a couple of very basic, simple rules and left just about everything to the individual and their conscience (and no worry about stumbling anyone, either). Once this is done, the real truth is about as simple as learning my times tables was--it takes about ten seconds.

Of course, you will not have such results from a Jehovah's Witless that wants to continue being a Jehovah's Witless. They are so engrossed on what their Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out that they will not see how simple it really is. And, if they really brought it down to its simplest form, they would never be able to control anyone. Nor would they be able to write endless Washtowels and Asleeps about religion. Rather, they would have to write journals about creating value--and there is so much to do in so many different fields that there would be no time to waste worrying about whether oral sex is right or wrong, or what color shirts everyone must wear.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    We don't go to war

A good point. They leave the mass genocide to Jehovah.

We have worldwide unity

As long as everyone surrenders their freedom of conscience to the society.

We have the Faithful Slave

And they've never steered anyone wrong. 1975, anyone.

Plus, we need to wait on Jehovah

And as a thorough study of our history will reveal, we always do. 1975, anyone.

Where else would we go away to?

I believe you mean "whom". I believe that is what the scripture actually says. Give Jesus a try.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Debating with a Watch Tower Witness is like debating with a drunk. It feels like Who's On First . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

"......................................

The only success I am having is hopefully planting some seeds, because that worked with me, over a period of time.

............................................................................................................

I think little by little we can do it, and then the whole thing will crash.

My hope, anyway.

BF"

this is a work occuring now ,

God is watching it to happen (Jeremiah 1:12 ) ,

but it works only with those with a right condition of hearth before God .

• steve2
    steve2

As Paul Simon unerringly wrote just over 40 years ago, "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

I long ago dropped the notion that JWs were capable of simply reasoning on their beliefs, even though their catchcry is around how reasonable their teachings are. Good luck Bonafide; you've got way more patience and hopefulness than I could ever muster!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Well, that may be true, perhaps, but anyway, its still the truth because

We don't go to war....True................But..The WBTS and I,are "Both" invested in War.......The WBT$ owns 50% of the Rand Cam Engine Corp..I own 500 shares.......The Rand Cam Engine Corp.makes engines that deliver bombs to thier target..................The WBT$ and I both,need a War..To make a profit from Rand Cam....We don`t care where..Just as long as someone uses Rand Cam Engines to deliver a bomb..And..Blow the Sh*t out of something..LOL!!.................I hear the WBT$ owns it`s own Religious Cult :"The Jehovah`s Witness`s...............If the WBT$ ever sells shares in thier Religious Cult "the Jehovah`s Witness`s"..I will be more than happy to buy shares in that money maker!!..

We have worldwide unity....Malowe/Mexico,come to mind.........Not much unity there

We have the Faithful Slave....Faithfull to Hiding Pedophiles in the WBT$ Religious Cult and profiting in War!!

We preach all over the world as Jesus taught......Not in Muslim Countrys..Not in China...........Liar,Liar,Pants on fire!!..LOL!!

Plus, we need to wait on Jehovah....The name Jehovah was`nt used until the 14th century..Jehovah is a translation mistake,made by a Catholic Monk.....Jehovah`s Witness Worship and Wait,on a Catholic Monk`s Translation mistake!!..LOL!!

Where else would we go away to?,....Institutionalized people have no place to go..So..Stay where you are!!..Go to the kingdom Hall And worship a Catholic Monks Translation Mistake!!..LOL!!

JW's are conditioned to answer this way, so it takes time to get through. I am trying my hardest to get some to reason, but its not easy at all.....Your trying to save people who don`t want to be saved..Your wasting your Frigg`n Life!!

I think little by little we can do it, and then the whole thing will crash.....It`s not going to happen

My hope, anyway.

BF...................................................................................Bonifide..Your fighting a loosing battle...Enjoy what little time you have left to live..........And..Buy shares in Rand Cam!!........................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

My rebuttal, "If you really have the truth, would you be able to explain your truth in a detailed manner other than a few sweet sounding non-sequiturs"?

Works for JWs and other people who are caught up in ritualized thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit